{ 40 }

{ 40 }

Jiyong, Jaejoong, and Yuri along with Bom, TOP, and Youngbae were anxiously waiting outside the emergency room where Dara was. Bom, TOP, and Youngbae were all surprised to hear Jiyong calling them out of nowhere and saying that Dara was in the hospital suffering from wounds and bruises.

Jiyong let out his anger on Jaejoong. “IT’S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!!!” He yelled as he slammed Jaejoong on the wall.

“I can explain, Jiyong,” Jaejoong answered in a hushed voice.

“Explain, then. Tell me how and why the fuck this is happening,” he replied. His mind was in a haze. He couldn’t believe that it all turned out to this. Jaejoong betraying him, and his mother and uncle trying to finish off the woman he loves.

Jaejoong discreetly looked around, and Jiyong got the message. Even his three friends stood up. Bom walked over to Yuri and smiled even though her eyes were swollen from crying. “C’mon, Yuri, let’s get you some food.” She cooed as the four of them walked towards the cafeteria.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Jiyong let him go. “Explain now, Jaejoong. Fuck, my head’s gonna explode...”

“Yuri... Yuri is my sister.” He started, earning a glare from Jiyong. “WHAT THE HELL?!”

“Listen first!” Jaejoong said. Jiyong still has the incredulous look on his face, but he listened nonetheless.

“Jiyong, you’re not Jo Yuhee’s son.” Jaejoong said seriously. Jiyong’s mouth was agape, and for the first time, he doesn’t know what were the right words to say. Kwon Yuhee was the mother he grew up on ever since he was young. In his childhood, the woman seemed distant, and she insisted on him calling her ‘eomeoni’ rather than ‘omma’ to put on a wall between them. She only mellowed down when she gave birth to Yuri. Jiyong strived so hard not only because of his father’s legacy, but also to prove himself to his mother... or so he thought.

“You’re Mr. Kwon Jihoon’s son from another woman. You see, your parents’ wedding was for convenience. As far as I know, Mr. Kwon Jihoon’s real girlfriend was your mother.” He swallowed before continuing. “However, he was forced to marry Jo Yuhee. They didn’t have a happy marriage, and Mr. Kwon Jihoon continued to meet your mother. She got pregnant, and that enraged Jo Yuhee. When Mr. Kwon Jihoon brought you home, she wanted you out. But of course, your father was firm on keeping you because you are your mother’s child. Soon after that occurrence, your mother died which devastated your father. He turned to work and their relationship was at rock bottom. Years after though, Jo Yuhee got pregnant.” Jaejoong’s gaze tore away from Jiyong, who was staring intently at him, trying to swallow all the information at once. “She was my father’s child, but Jo Yuhee told your father that she was his.”

“But... why? Why do they want to kill Dara?” Jiyong asked.

Jaejoong managed to smile. “And after all I told you, your first question’s about Dara, huh?” He teased. Jiyong only glared at him. “The accident you had five years ago was their doing. Jo Yuhee and Jo Pil Guk. Jo Pil Guk paid the police and the hospital you were in so they won’t rat that your car’s brakes were cut off intentionally and that there was a foreign substance in your blood which was used to drug you. Your father’s death was also caused by them. They injected poison on his meds. Jo Yuhee wanted you to die because when that happens, the KGC will be placed on Yuri’s hands. She hated you and your father because you are a living proof that Mr. Kwon Jihoon never loved her.”