{ 13 }

{ 13 }

Dara woke up to her phone’s endless ringing. She checked her phone and saw 23 missed calls and 16 messages. She scrolled through them and saw that almost all of it came from Ahn Sohee, still speculating that something’s going on between her and Kwon Jiyong.

One of the messages caught her eyes though.

From: 010-xxxx-xxx

Meet me at the Yuri Mall at 3.

She squinted her eyes at the message. It was sent last night, at 12:38 AM. Who’s this person? And jeez, of all the places in the world, he/she should just ask me to meet at the YURI MALL, at 3 PM!!! Ugh! Kwon Jiyong is invading my mind again.

She quickly typed in an answer.

To: 010-xxxx-xxx

Excuse me, I think you have the wrong number.

After sending that, she decided to turn off her phone because of Ahn Sohee’s endless ministrations, asking her about her “relationship” with the dragon. She went to the bathroom and decided to toughen up, since it will be a long, long day ahead.

--

Dara was correct to assume the worst. She was only getting ready to walk inside the school when the younger guard approached her. “Good morning, Ms. Park. You quite made a scene with Mr. Kwon yesterday.”

She smiled uncomfortably. “Yeah, it just… happened that way, I guess.”

“Yah Won Rae! Stop grilling, Ms. Park, will you? What happened yesterday was hers and Mr. Kwon’s business!” The older guard, whom Dara knew as Han Su Won, scolded. Su Won turned to Dara and smiled gently. “You can go now, Ms. Park. I just hope you’re ready when you step in the school.” He advised, making Dara remember her gentle father in Busan.

She returned the smile and thanked him before proceeding to the faculty room. She hasn’t even taken five steps when Go Yoo Bin, a teacher from History Department, stopped her. “Dara-yah!”

“Oh, Yoo Bin sunbaenim.” She greeted. She inwardly shook her head. Go Yoo Bin was one of the snob teachers around the school. She really makes use of her seniority to boss around the younger teachers.

“Dara-yah…” Dara wanted to cringe at the way Yoo Bin calls her name. The two have exchanged occasional smiles and conversations, but they were always formal to each other. To her utter surprise, Yoo Bin suddenly grabbed her hand up. “Dara-yah, just call me Yoo Bin unnie, okay?!”

“Uhh, sure, Yoo Bin sun– unnie.” She only hoped that her smile didn’t come out like a wince.

Yoo Bin suddenly nudged Dara. “Dara-yah, I’ve been meaning to ask this since yesterday but you suddenly disappeared with Mr. Kwon.” She smiled secretively. “Are you and Mr. Kwon going out?”

Dara wanted to barf at what she was hearing from Yoo Bin. Of course, that cunning woman will only approach her for the sake of gossip. Truth be told, Go Yoo Bin and Ahn Sohee are the ones competing for the “Queen of Gossips” title at their school. Yoo Bin wanted to one-up Sohee that’s why she’s acting familiar with Dara.