Chapter 20 ~ Worst fear

(Sherlock's POV)

I started to get worried. Easton hasn't came home yet and its been about 5 hours. John showed that he was worried, I didn't show, but I was..

I shouldn't have scarred him, but why did he jump in the first place, when I just moved slightly. I sighed and John was pacing around, his phone to his ear.

"Damnit.." He muttered and went to radial Easton's number, "Where could he even be.--" He stopped, then changed the phone number.

He put the phone on speaker, I wonder who he's calling.. "Hello?" Molly's voice was heard over the phone.

"Hey, Molly, it's John. Is Easton with you?" John asked, Molly was silent for a second, I could feel the confusion through the silence.

"No, he isn't. Why?"

"He's missing.." John replied.

"Oh god.." Molly mumbled. They continue to talk then decided to hang up.

John groaned, and sat back down, then looked at me, "Do you not care that your best friend is MISSING?!" He said.

"I don't have 'friends'." I replied, John glared at me.

"Then why have you and Easton been un separable and known each other for almost 4 years!?"

"He's just my shadow, so are you, but you're better then him. He's more stubborn and will get on my as---"

"Seriously? You're shadow? He is more then that! He's more sweet and loyal than anyone could ever be." John says, "The reason that's he's on your ass is maybe.. Because he's looking out for you."

I was silent, until my phone started to ring, I see Lestrade's number..

//Time skip\\

John and I walk along the exposed shore of the Thames. Police tape has cordoned off most of the area. Lestrade sees us and nods. A body bag lies at his feet.

"You reckon this is connected to the bomber?" Lestrade asks.

"Must be." I replied then pull the pink iPhone from my pocket, checking it for messages.

"Where's Italy?" Lestrade asked, using the nickname he likes to call Easton sometimes.

"Missing." John says, "He left last night, because these two were fighting like a married couple!" I glance at John, glaring at him.

"Should I start a Search Party?" Lestrade asks.

"Ye--"

"No." I said, quickly cutting off John, "Easton is a tough one, he'll be fine"

"Anyways..." Lestrade says then looks at the body, "We must assume some poor bugger's primed to explode, yeah?"

"Yes." I say.

"Any ideas?"

"Seven so far."

"Seven?"

I bend down, looking all over the corpse like a blood-hound, sniffing, pressing the cold skin, unbuttoning clothes, rolling up the body's trouser leg, examining the wristwatch.

I examine the face with a lens and my eyes light up. At last, I shoot a look at John, jerking my head towards the body then concentrates on sending texts.

John looks to Lestrade for permission. Lestrade nodded.

"Dead about twenty four hours. Maybe?" John starts, "A bit longer. Did he drown?"

"Apparently not. Not enough of the Thames in his lungs. Asphyxiated." Lestrade says

"Yes. I'd agree. There's quite a bit of bruising around the nose and mouth..."