Chapter 26 ~ Irene

(Easton's POV)

Sherlock buzzes the intercom of Irene's home, John and I stayed behind. I looked at my broken wrist that is wrapped up, good thing I only tackled Sherlock...

"Hello?" A young woman's voice appeared through the intercom. Sherlock stares into the camera wide-eyed and flustered. He talks in an anxious, tearful voice and keeps looking around behind him as he speaks.

"Ooh! Um, sorry to disturb you. Um, I've just been attacked, um, and, um, I think they... They took my wallet and, um, and my phone. Umm, please could you help me?" 

"I can phone the police if you want." The woman says, I bit my bottom lip, holding in my laugh. 

"Thank you, thank you! Could you, please?" He takes a step back and the camera now shows that his shirt is buttoned right up to the top and there is a piece of white plastic under the collar which makes him look like he is wearing the 'dog collar' of a vicar. "Oh, would you... Would you mind if I just waited here, just until they come? Thank you. Thank you so much." Holding a handkerchief to his cheek, he starts to grizzle pathetically. 

I let out a wheeze that was like whistle, my face turned red. The woman buzzes Sherlock in, John and I followed him inside. 

"Thank you." Sherlock says, still in character. He briefly looks around the large entrance hall.

"I--" John starts, "We, saw it all happen. It's okay, I'm a doctor." The young woman nods.

"Now, have you got a first aid kit?" I ask.

"In the kitchen, I'm Kate by the way." She gestures for Sherlock to go into the front room. John and I follow Kate as she heads for the kitchen. 

(Sherlock's POV)

Very shortly afterwards, I have taken off my coat and is sitting on a sofa in the elegant sitting room and looking around. As I hear footsteps, I sit up a little and hold the handkerchief to my cheek. 

"Hello. Sorry to hear that you've been hurt. I don't think Kate caught your name." A woman says. 

"I'm so sorry. I'm..." I turn to the doorway, seeing the woman Irene as she walks into view and stops at the doorway. She is completely naked.

"Oh, it's always hard to remember an alias when you've had a fright, isn't it?" She says, she walks into the room and stands directly in front of me, straddling my legs and half-kneeling on the sofa, then reaches forward and pulls the white plastic dog collar from my shirt collar. "There now, we're both defrocked..." She smiles down at me. ".. Mr. Sherlock Holmes."

"Miss Adler, I presume."

"Look at those cheekbones. I could cut myself slapping that face. Would you like me to try?" Narrowing her eyes, she lifts the white plastic to her mouth and bites down on it. I stare up at her in confusion, John and Easton walks into the room, Easton carrying a bowl of water and a fabric napkin. His eyes are lowered to the bowl to avoid spilling its contents.

"Right, this should do it---" John says, but stops dead in the doorway as he lifts his eyes and sees the scene in front of him. Easton looks up and pauses, almost dropping the bowl. His face didn't really turn red, but he looked down, avoiding eye contact, wanting to be polite towards her. Irene looks round to him, the plastic still in her teeth. John looks at her awkwardly, then down at the bowl before looking up again.) 

"We've missed something, haven't we?" John asks. Irene takes the plastic from her teeth. 

(No one's POV)

"Please, sit down." She says, she steps back from Sherlock, who fidgets uncomfortably on the sofa as she walks away, "Oh, if you'd like some tea I can call the maid."