Chapter 17 ~ "Be you"

(Easton's POV)

"Some secret societies used to send dried Melon seeds. Orange pips. Things like that. Five pips!" Sherlock said, "They’re warning us that it’s going to happen again."

Sherlock stares at it, a picture on the phone, of an old fire place..

"I’ve seen this place before!" Sherlock says.

"Hang on. What’s going to happen again?" Asked John. Sherlock then turns to the door.

"Boom!" He said. I followed them, feeling a little uneasy..

//time skip\\

We got to Baker Street, Sherlock almost flings himself out of the cab. John, me and Lestrade follow him inside.

We follow him down to the basement, I stayed behind, then I see Mrs. Hudson, "Easton, dear, what's happening?" She asked me. I shrugged.

We go inside, leaving her. I followed them into the basement, seeing the fimular room from the picture.

In the centre of the room: a pair of battered trainers, "Shoes?" John said.

Then Sherlock quickly examines the rest of the room, getting down onto the bare floorboards to stare at the shoes. Suddenly... The pink phone starts ringing in Sherlock’s pocket.

I watched him take it out and answer it, putting it on speaker so the everyone could hear.

"Hello?" Said Sherlock.. Over the phone, a terrible whimpering, sniffling. A woman crying.

"H-Hello... Sexy.." She said weakly.

"Who is this?" Sherlock asks.

"I’ve sent you...a little p-puzzle...just to say...hi.."

We all start exchanging glances at each other. "Who’s talking? Are you crying?" Asked Sherlock.

"I’m not crying...I’m typing." We all look at each other again. What the hell? Typing? We can obviously tell that she was crying in fear! "And this stupid bitch...is reading it out."

A real thud of realisation as they work out what’s happening. Except Sherlock’s eyes are shining..

"The curtain rises..." Sherlock whispers.

"What?" John asks.

"Nothing." Said Sherlock, John got more intrigued.

"No. What do you mean?"

"Just that I’ve been expecting something like this..."

"Twelve hours to solve my puzzle, Sherlock. Or I’m going to be so naughty." The woman says weakly and she starts sobbing her heart out.

The sound fills the room. Lestrade, John and me are horrified. Sherlock was cold, bemused... And fascinated. The call ended and silence filled the room.

//Time skip\\

I sat in the Laboratory with John and Sherlock, Sherlock seemed to be distant from me...

I sighed as I watch him examine the shoes. He is totally, eerily focussed on his work. John is pacing next to him, clearly still chilled by what he heard from the phone.

"Who do you suppose it was? The woman on the phone? The crying
woman?" John asked us.

"Oh, she doesn’t matter. Just a hostage. There’s no lead there." Sherlock replied, not looking up from his work.

"For God’s sake, I wasn’t thinking about leads." John said.

"Then you’re not going to be much use to her."