Chapter 29 ~ Jealousy

Easton woke up the next day, he laid in his bed just in his underwear. He shivered, now realizing that the blanket was kicked off.

The red head groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. After staring at the wall for 14 minutes, he finally got the courage to roll out of bed, stumbling over to his closet.

Easton couldn't sleep last night, thoughts about Irene and Sherlock looking at each other, Irene with full interest on her face. It's easy for Easton to hide his jealousy, but this just hits different.

He groaned and changed into...

He fixed his messy curls and put on his ring

He fixed his messy curls and put on his ring. He walked out his bedroom, seeing Mycroft in the livingroom. Sherlock, who is now fully recovered, and John are sitting at the table in the living room. John is eating breakfast while Sherlock is reading a newspaper. Mycroft stands nearby.

Easton gave Mrs. Hudson a good morning hug (cuz he's a sweet Boi X3) and grabbed a mug to make some coffee.

"... The photographs are perfectly safe." Sherlock says.

"In the hands of a fugitive sex worker!" Mycroft said, Easton just listened in as he finished making his coffee, putting a little bit of sugar in it, and seeking in a shot of whiskey.

"She’s not interested in blackmail. She wants... Protection for some reason. I take it you’ve stood down the police investigation into the shooting at her house?" Sherlock said as Easton sits at a empty chair at the table.

"How can we do anything while she has the photographs? Our hands are tied." Asks Mycroft.

"She’d applaud your choice of words."

John smirks at this, as Easton's tired eyes looked out the window.

"You see how this works: that camera phone is her “Get out of jail free” card. You have to leave her alone. Treat her like royalty, Mycroft." Sherlock replied.

"Though not the way she treats royalty." Budged in John. He smiles sarcastically at Mycroft, who returns the smile humourlessly.

Just then the sound of an orgasmic female sigh fills the room. John, Easton and Mycroft froze.

"What was that?" Easton asks, looking around.

"Text." Sherlock said, trying to look nonchalant.

"But what was that noise?" The Italian asks.

Sherlock gets up and goes over to pick up his phone from nearby. He looks at the message which reads:

"Good morning, Mr. Holmes"

Sherlock turns to the others, "Did you know there were other people after her too, Mycroft, before you sent John, Easton and I in there? CIA-trained killers, at an excellent guess." He goes back to the table and sits down again as John looks round at Mycroft. Easton stared at Sherlock's face..