Chapter 1 ~ The Two Detectives

((Sherlock's POV))

It has been a 2 in a half years now, Easton lives with me and we started solving crimes together.

I didn't get to know much of his 'past' but I did get to know him. I know his favorite food is everything Italian food, he is from Italy, his favorite color light blue. He sews whenever he's upset and stressed, he plays the Lute, he'll speak Italian when he's angry and is yelling at someone or is sad...

He carries a knife with him everywhere, loves to collect bottle cap and making into pins to put on a beanie or something. And sometimes, I get a feeling that he's gay.. But he will flirt with a few women too, maybe he's bisexual?

But the number one thing I'm curious about.. Is that ring.. He does wear a few rings on his fingers, but this one ring on his ring finger is more like a engagement ring...

 He does wear a few rings on his fingers, but this one ring on his ring finger is more like a engagement ring

He never said anything about it and he wears it every single day..

Anyway.. I was in the kitchen making coffee, it was 10:30 am, I didn't sleep last night, but East was asleep in his room. I decided to just go wake him up because I want to go to the laboratory today.

I walked in, "Wake up, Parker!!!" I screamed, East groaned, hugging his pillow tighter.

He just wore black (Nike) short shorts that kinda looked like women shorts. And he didn't have a shirt on.

"Fine, I'll get up." He said and sat up, I looked around, his room looks a little cleaner then usual.. Oh well.

//time skip\\

((Easton's POV))

After I dressed into my (sort of) dective outfit...

We were at the lab, I sat on a stool, my black jacket was off, so it was me in my shirt and pants

I sat there, kinda starring at Sherlock.. I think I've caught feeling for him, but I'm not sure...

Just earlier Sherlock was whiping a dead body, and now we are here. Someone then walked in, it was Mike Stamford, who is a doctor.

Mike had someone with him, a man who walked on a cane, limping a little.
It seemed Sherlock was reading him.. So was I, but I looked away, walking over to Sherlock to see the progress.

"Mike can I borrow your phone? There's no signal on mine." Sherlock said, I smirked and crossed my arms, knowing that Sherlock just doesn't want to use his phone.

"Uh, what's wrong with the landline?" Mike asked.

"I prefer to text." Sherlock replied.

"Sorry, it's in my coat." Mike said.

"You can borrow mine!" The blonde man said, then took out his phone.

"Oh, thank you." Sherlock said the, stood up, taking the phone out of the blonde's hand.

"This a old friend of mine, John Watson." Mike said.

Sherlock started texting until he asked, "Afghanistan or Iraq?"

John was confused, "... I'm sorry, what?"

"Which was it? Afghanistan or Iraq?" I then asked, before Sherlock was gonna answer.

"Afghanistan. I'm sorry, how
did you two kno--" John was cut off when Molly walked in with Sherlock's coffee.

"Thank you, Molly!" Sherlock said and took the coffee from Molly after handing John back his phone. I looked closely at Molly, earlier she was wearing lipstick, just so she can attract Sherlock, but now she isn't wearing lipstick.

Sometimes I get a little jealous of her, but she's very kind so I don't say anything. I just.. Really like Sherlock.. And she likes him too..

"What happened to the lipstick?" Sherlock asked.

"It.. Wasn't working for me." Molly said.

"Really? Really? I thought it was a big improvement! Now your mouth's too small." Sherlock said.

"Uhh... Okay then.." Molly said and left the room. Sherlock went back to his seat with his coffee and sat down.

"How to do you feel about the violin?" Sherlock asked, directly at John.

"Sorry? What?" John asked.

"I play the violin when I'm thinking, and sometimes I don't talk for days on end. Would that bother you? Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other." Sherlock said, "Oh and Mr. Parker sews when he's thinking or when he annoyed."

I smiled and waved at John, "Nice to meet you, Watson!" I said.

John smiled at me, then John looked at Mike, "Did you tell him about me?" John asked.

"Not a word." Mike said.

"Then who said anything about flatmates?" John asked, I looked over at Sherlock.

"We did." Sherlock said, talking about me and him, "I said to Mike this morning, that I was a difficult man to find a flatmate for. Now he turns up after lunch with an old friend clearly just home from military service in Afghanistan. Wasn't a difficult leap."

"How did you know about Afghanistan?" John asked. He sure does ask questions a lot..

Sherlock wasnt really listening now, he was logging out of the computer and pulling on his trench coat.

"I've got my eye on a nice little place in central London, together, us three, we could afford it. We'll meet there, tomorrow evening, 7 o'clock." Sherlock and I head towards the door to leave, "Sorry, we got to dash. I think I left my riding crop in the mortuary."

"Is that it?" Said John.

"Is that what?" Sherlock replied, turning to look at John.

"We've just met and we're going to go and look at a flat??"

"Is that a problem?" I asked, rubbing my fingers through my hair.

"We don't know a thing about each other. I don't know your names. I
don't even know where we're meeting!" John said.

Sherlock and I smiled, loving this part...

"I know you're an army doctor and
you've been invalided home from
Afghanistan." I said.

"I know you've got a brother with a bit of money who's worried about you, but you won't go to him for help because you don't approve of him, possibly because he's an alcoholic, more likely because he recently walked out on his wife." Sherlock said.

"And I know that your therapist thinks your limp is psychosomatic, quite correctly, I'm afraid. That's enough to be going on with, don't you think?" I said, smiling.

Sherlock and I turned around is about to walk out until Sherlock turned to John, "The name's Sherlock Holmes, and my friend Easton Parker, and the address is 221b Baker Street. Afternoon."

Sherlock and I leave, leaving John speechless.