Chapter 30 ~ She's alive

Easton woke up in the morning, his back ached from sleeping on his floor. He had a huge migraine. The Italian groaned and slowly got up.

He changed into a oversized loose beige t-shirt and gray sweatpants. He can hear Sherlock playing his violin, Easton tried to ignore the pain as he walked out his room.

Sherlock is standing at the left-hand window with his back to the living room and playing a sad lament on his violin. John walks into the room and sighs at the sight of him.

Mrs Hudson walks across to the table and picks up the plates, looking at John pointedly to make him realise that Sherlock hasn’t touched his breakfast. John hums resignedly as he takes his jacket from the back of a chair and puts it on. Sherlock stops playing and picks up a pencil to make a notation on a piece of sheet music.

"Lovely tune, Sherlock. Haven’t heard that one before." Mrs. Hudson said, and when she turned around, she gave Easton a sweet smile, "Good morning, Easton! You left early last night."

Easton gave her a closed smiled, "Yeah, I was really tired last night, so I went to bed early." He lied. As much as he hated lying to the sweet lady, he just didn't want her to worry.

John looks at Sherlock, "You composing?" He asks.

"Helps me to think." Sherlock replies. He turns back to the window, lifts the violin and begins to play the same tune again.

"What are you thinking about?" Easton asks, sitting in his chair, crisscross. Sherlock suddenly spins around and puts down the violin. He points at John’s laptop.

"The counter on your blog is still stuck at one thousand eight hundred and ninety-five." Sherlock said quickly.

"Yeah, it’s faulty. Can’t seem to fix it." John said.

Easton watched as Sherlock taking out out a new camera phone? East raised raised brow, since when did he get that phone?

"Faulty or you’ve been hacked and it’s a message." Sherlock muttered as he pulls up the security lock with its “I AM ---- LOCKED” screen.

Sherlock types “1895” into the phone. The phone beeps warningly and a message comes up reading: “WRONG PASSCODE. 3 ATTEMPTS REMAINING”. The enthusiasm in his eyes dies again.

"Just faulty." Sherlock mutters and he turns away and picks up his violin again.

"Right." Easton said, giving Sherlock a look. Sherlock begins to play the sad tune once more.

"Right. Well, I’m going out for a bit." John said and Sherlock doesn’t respond, while Easton nods, picking up a book and began ready. John turns and walks to the kitchen where Mrs Hudson is tidying up.

John whispers to her "Listen: has he ever had any kind of... Girlfriend, boyfriend, a relationship, ever?" He asks her, Sherlock and Easton didn't hear.

Mrs. Hudson shrugged, "I don’t know."

"How can we not know?"

"He’s Sherlock. How will we ever know what goes on in that funny old head?" Mrs. Hudson said,

John smiles sadly, "Right. See ya."

"Wait, John."

John stops and looks at Mrs. Hudson, she looks over at Easton and Sherlock.

"Do you ever think that those two were made for eachother?" She whispered, "I mean, they have too be, they are perfect. They even fight like a old married couple, and make up the next day!"

Then it hits John, as he looks at his two friends. He doesn't even know their sexualities so he is not even sure if Mrs. Hudson is right or not.

John nods his head and trots off down the stairs. Mrs Hudson looks at Sherlock playing his violin at the window, then at Easton, reading his book, and then she leaves the room.