Chapter 40 | Three Spoons of Sugar

Sherlock turns towards the pub door and trails off when he sees a familiar figure standing inside at the bar. Wearing grey trousers and a grey shirt with a light jacket over the top, heavily suntanned and with sunglasses on, Detective Inspector Lestrade has his hands in his trouser pockets and is looking the absolute epitome of casual drop-dead gorgeous ((I just had too lmaooooooo))

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sherlock says and stomps inside the pub.

"Well, nice to see you too! I'm on holiday, would you believe?" Lestrade says.

"No, I wouldn't."

Lestrade takes off his sunglasses as John walks over to the bar, "Hello, John."

"Greg!" John says in surprise.

"I heard you were in the area. What are you up to? You after this Hound of Hell like on the telly?" Lestrade says.

Sherlock rolls his eyes, "I'm waiting for an explanation, Inspector. Why are you here?"

"I've told you: I'm on holiday."

"You're brown as a nut. You're clearly just back from your 'holidays.'"

Lestrade was trying to look nonchalant, "Yeah, well I fancied another one."

"Oh, this is Mycroft, isn't it?"

"No, look..."

Easton walks into the pub behind Sherlock, his eyes a little red, after he was holding back tears before he gotten there.

He smiles at the sight of Lestrade, "Greg!---" But he was cut off when Sherlock suddenly raised both his hands in the air in anger. Accidently hitting Easton in the nose.

"Of course it is! One mention of Baskerville and he sends down my handler to ... to spy on me incognito. Is that why you're calling yourself Greg?" Sherlock then looked at Easton who was rubbing his nose, "I'm sorry dea--- Parker." Sherlock said quickly. Easton ignore him and gently shoved Sherlock away from him.

"Look, I'm not your handler..." Lestrade says and he turns away to pick up his pint from the bar, "... And I don't just do what your brother tells me."

"Actually, you could be just the man we want." John said, smiling.

Sherlock looks at the blonde, "Why?"

"Well, I've not been idle, Sherlock." John says as he rummages in his trouser pocket, "I think I might have found something."

He shows Sherlock the sales invoice from Undershaw Meat Supplies which he stole off the bar while he was checking in.

"Here. Didn't know if it was relevant; starting to look like it might be. That is an awful lot of meat for a vegetarian restaurant."

"Excellent." Sherlock says, Easton stood there, having a a little hint of jealousy and feeling a little left out. He bit the inside of his cheek as he blinked tears away.

John looks at Greg, "Nice scary inspector from Scotland Yard who can put in a few calls might come in very handy."

Sherlock and Greg exchange a look, and John slaps his hand down on the bell on top of the bar.

//Time Skip\\

Later, in the small Snug next to the bar, Greg is sitting at a table looking through paperwork, presumably previous invoices from Undershaw, while Gary, the manager, and Billy, the chef, sit at the other side of the table looking at him anxiously.

Nearby, Sherlock has poured a cup of coffee from a filter machine and is stirring it. He ostentatiously taps the drips off the spoon into the cup and then picks up the cup and its saucer and carries them over to Easton, who sat at a single chair by the window, offering them to him.