Chapter 35 | Grimpen Village

John carries two large holdalls onto the street, shuts the front door and walks over to Sherlock who is holding a taxi door open, Easton standing there, watching what Sherlock is looking at. Next door in Speedy’s, Mrs Hudson is shouting angrily at Mr Chatterjee.

She throws something at the closed door. As it bounces heavily off the glass, John recoils.

"Oh! Looks like Mrs Hudson finally got to the wife in Doncaster." John says.

"Mmm. Wait ’til she finds out about the one in Islamabad." Sherlock says, John and Easton laugh, Easton gets into the taxi first and John gets int. Sherlock follows him.

//Time skip\\

Some time later, away from the road, after driving a rented car, Sherlock is standing dramatically skylined on a large stone outcrop while John stands at the foot of it consulting a map. He points ahead of himself at a large array of buildings in the distance. Easton stands there next to John, looking at the view.

"There’s Baskerville." John says and turns and points behind them. Sherlock turns to look. "That’s Grimpen Village."

He turns and looks ahead of them again, checking the map for the name of the heavily wooded area to the left of the Baskerville complex.

"So that must be... Yeah, it’s Dewer’s Hollow."

Sherlock points to an area in between the complex and the Hollow, "What’s that?"

John has binoculars on a strap around his neck and now he lifts them and looks more closely at the fencing and the warning signs.

"Minefield? Technically Baskerville’s an army base, so I guess they’ve always been keen to keep people out." John replied.

"Clearly." Easton says.

Later, they drive into Grimpen Village and pull into the car park of the Cross Keys inn. They get out and walk towards the entrance of the pub, where a young man who is apparently a tour guide is talking to a group of tourists.

The boys walk past the group and see that the tour guide is standing next to a large sign on which is painted a black image of a wolf-like creature with the words “BEWARE THE HOUND!!” above it.

"Don’t be strangers, and remember... Stay away from the moor at night if you value your lives!" The tour guide says, Easton stuffs his hand in his coat pockets...

 Stay away from the moor at night if you value your lives!" The tour guide says, Easton stuffs his hand in his coat pockets

Sherlock has been pulling his overcoat around him as he walks towards the pub, and now he pops the collar. John looks round at him pointedly.

"I'm cold." Sherlock says, trying and failing to look nonchalant.

The tourist group walks away from the tour guide. Once their backs are turned he puts on a large shaggy wolf’s-head mask. Sherlock, Easton and John walk into the pub, which has a blackboard outside advertising “Boutique Rooms & Vegetarian Cuisine.”