35 | Get Down

Hi bestiesss! I hope you're all doing well.

It's time for the trip and our Tiger is back. I think I really just enjoy writing Harry's perspective. This chapter got to me a bit, but it's also a bit personal in a way.

Also, if you haven't followed me on Twitter, please do so. Snippets and sneak peeks on there. Same @ as on here!

Enjoy my precious rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

"Do you have everything?"

"Snowboards, check. Scarves, mittens, check. Luna picked up by Amara, check. Most importantly, road trip snacks, double-check." Looking up at Essie, I saw the widest grin on her face. "What? Priorities, dude."

I shook my head, letting out a small laugh.

It was just after six when I knocked on Serenity's door earlier. I expected a tired face, but I saw the opposite — her excitement was through the roof, and it was infectious. She was dressed and had her things already placed by the door. I called her at five to make sure she was awake — she wasn't. This was probably the first time she'd gotten ready, and I was glad because it was going to be a lengthy journey.

"Come on, petal. We've got a long drive ahead of us," I spoke, tugging her towards me so I could place a soft kiss on her lips.

I missed her.

"I know," she said with a smile.

"It's almost a ten and a half-hour drive, love. We need to get out of the Vancouver area as soon as we can. Fucking traffic will be crazy. If we have to, we'll stay a night someplace," I suggested, but she quickly looked up at me.

"Not a chance, H. When you get tired, we'll switch, and I'll drive."

My brows furrowed. "Not a chance, E. I'm not risking it for you to drive in the mountains."

Her head tilted in confusion, letting out a short laugh. "It's not my first rodeo, you know."

"I know, Starlight. But we'll be in the mountains. There are moose, deer, goats, and who knows what else that can come out of nowhere."

"I'm well aware of that, pretty. It's called nature and its wildlife." She grinned, but I frowned.

"I don't want us to crash. You can get hurt," I spoke quietly, and noticed Serenity's expression soften.

"We'll be alright. I know what to do if it comes to animals. Not exactly the safest, yes, but it's not the end of the world. We're together, and heck, if we have to camp in the woods someplace, I'm prepared to do that too."

Dumbfounded by her words, I raised a brow. "Um, if you're saying that to make me feel better, it's not helping. You know bears exist, right?"

And she just chuckled, grabbing hold of my hands to pull them up to place a kiss on each, then settled them against her chest.

"We'll fight them off. If we fail, then we'll be delicious meals for them. I'm okay with that," Essie spoke, and I shook my head at her, unamused. "Baby, if you don't want to go to Banff, we don't have to. I know you're nervous about it."

Letting out a deep sigh, I thought about everything she was saying. The way she was looking into my eyes, I could see the pure sincerity in them — she was serious. If I didn't want to go, I could easily say no, and we'd just stay here — at home — together. But I could also make her upset by doing that. It was important to her, and even though everything made me nervous, I could do this for her.