37 | Can't Help Falling In Love

Hi bestiesss! I'm back with another one on a Saturday! I think I'm finally getting back to my update schedule. I know, I'm just as shocked as you. 

So this is another both perspective chapter. Issanotha good one. 

Got a Twitter? Constant snippets and sneak peeks.

Enjoy, my precious rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

"So this is it?"

Serenity and I took a drive out to Lake Louise earlier, and she was right — the view was spectacular.

The lake wasn't frozen, but there was much more snow since we were at a higher altitude. There was also another Fairmont hotel that overlooked it — which seemed just as beautiful. I saw the way Essie looked at it, so I asked if she wanted to spend a night there; but, I was surprised when she said no.

Apparently, she just wanted to cuddle back with me without the hassle of moving rooms — or hotels in this case. However, she did say 'next time,' and that warmed my fucking heart.

The fact that she wanted to come to the mountains with me again was a surreal feeling. Maybe next time it could be for my birthday, or hers? March would be good to come back. I'd have to plan something special.

It was still a few months away, but for the first time, I was excited about my birthday. Knowing that I'd be turning 29 with the girl I adore would make life worth it for me. We wouldn't even have to do anything — hell, just lying in bed all day with her would be more than enough.

But everything was so peaceful with her — even though we were surrounded by several people, it felt like it was just us.

She passed me her phone and practically made me give her a personal photoshoot. I refused being taken of, and preferred staying behind the lens, though. There was only one picture that Serenity took of me, and that was inside my little greenhouse — that was it. We shared a couple of photos together, and those were the ones I cherished most. I knew that she'd probably want one on this trip, but she wasn't pushing it.

So far, at least.

On the drive up to the lake, Essie was the one in charge. The curved roads were a little too much for me, and she was already used to it. I know I'd told her that I didn't want her to be behind the wheel on our way to Banff for her safety, but when she saw how nervous I was, she snatched the keys and drove us herself. 

There were other things that distracted me than the route itself. Mountain goats were up on the steep hills, seeming far along the edges, but they jumped around like it was nothing. Seeing their confidence was astounding. They reminded me of a certain someone with the same quality. 

And then to my surprise, we were halted by moose crossing, elk, and a few deer. Serenity laughed and mentioned that this was the first time she's ever had to stop so many times during the drive up. She also pointed out a momma bear with two cubs behind a few trees. It seemed to have entertained her when I tensed up.

That's when she took hold of my hand and placed a soft kiss on the top, and mumbled, "It's okay, Tiger."

But now, I drove us back down, and we were standing in front of the Banff Gondola.

There wasn't anything terrifying about it when I looked at it, but when Serenity got my proper attention, things changed.

"Not exactly, baby," she spoke softly before turning to point above, and my heart fucking dropped. "That is it."