52 | Can't Hold Us

Hello lovelies!

Kay so now...Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim readers <3 

It's been a minute, more like a month. Soz.

I accidentally published this last night, so an apology for that. It wasn't entirely ready and I screamed realising what I did. 

Anyway, another reason for screaming is the DWD trailer release (finally, only took much more than a year). I'm beyond excited!!!

But back to topic...

This is another very long one, the longest yet, I believe, so grab a snack. It's also very fun (?) You can decide on that. 

What's different about this chapter is that there are a lot of pictures for visuals within the text. I've never done this too much except for like a couple edits here and there, but there are more here. ANYWAY, just a fair warning.

Also, please don't forget to vote and comment, because I love reading the little things you have to say.

So, without further ado, I hope you enjoy this one, my darling rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

Landing at Heathrow never gave me anxiety, until now.

A plethora of people walked throughout the airport, bumping into us as we followed the 'baggage claim' signs. It was the evening of the fewer flights, but it was still the holidays, and everyone wanted to get back to wherever their home was. Mine was in Vancouver, but it was also beside me.

My grip was tight on both the carry-on handle and Essie's hand. She followed along, trying to make brief small talk, knowing she was indirectly trying to get me out of my head. It worked, but it wasn't a permanent fix.

I could tell that Serenity was entranced with the number of English accents she heard because it was new to her. I was the only one who had it that she knew of, but being in England, it was everywhere.

Then again, it wasn't the first time that she was mesmerised by something — flying first class was something she didn't expect. Apparently, Amara told her some truthful statements about standard airplane food and tiny washrooms, but those didn't apply to how she was travelling with me. 

She did get a peek through to the economy cabin before departure, and she came back to her chair with wide eyes, then continued to whisper-yell about how I wasted my money for her to get a nice seat. It was quite adorable, if I'm honest. I shut her up with a kiss and left it at that.

This cabin was known for its fancy foods, written a proper menu, a glass cup instead of a plastic one, and a washroom with the ability to shower if she pleased. Of course, the complimentary brand toiletry products and blankets were always included.

We found out quickly if Serenity was nervous about flying; that was when she heard the plane engine turn on, and began to panic at how there wouldn't be enough air for everyone. I helped her through it, and softly explained that there was more she ever thought possible. I held her hand before and during takeoff, and refused to let go until she was ready. If it was up to her, she would've shared the same seat, but the individual suites didn't make it possible for that — other than she wouldn't even be allowed. I did hand her a stick of gum, so her ears didn't pop and to have something else to focus on, which seemed to work.