54 | Serenity

Hello lovelies!

So...I hope you still remember me.

I know it's been a while, but life's been quite hard for me lately. I desperately wish that I could post more often, but I just can't. We're also nearing the end of ED (cries) and maybe deep down inside I just don't want to let go of Essie and Tiger. Those two mean the world to me. Not sure what the real reason for my absence (probably both), but I do hope you forgive me.

The chapter song is literally Serenity...after her. Was it planned? Absolutely not, but I am very much here for it.

Also, please don't forget to vote and comment, because I love reading the little things you have to say.

So, without further ado, I hope you enjoy this one (it's a cutesy chapter), my darling rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

Busy.

That's how life has been for both Harry and me since my birthday.

Apparently, there was another major project that Harry wanted to snatch and call it under the many already under Urban Corp. I wasn't sure of all the logistical aspects of it, nor could I focus on the details, but he just said that it was an opportunity the company couldn't pass up. So many companies were bidding on it, and I knew that was something Harry had been talking about lately.

Numbers.

And those numbers had a lot of zeros after them.

He always made it seem like buying a building was like buying bananas from the store.

I could never comprehend what was considered simple for him when it was monumental for me.

Harry kissed my cheek when he saw that I was honestly mind-blown about certain things, he told me that I didn't need to overthink. It wasn't that he was belittling me or my knowledge for such great things, but I only focused on one business — and that was mine. I was perfectly fine with keeping it like that. Just like Starlight was my baby, Urban Corp. was Harry's.

But there was one other thing reeling in my mind ever since he brought it up: franchising.

Was I really ready for that?

Did I even want that?

How would I even know which location to instruct at?

Would they all be in the same city or elsewhere?

There were so many questions, and I couldn't stop thinking about them.

My thoughts were quickly noticed by Harry when he caught me staring off into space. I brushed him off whenever he'd ask, but I'd tell him it was nothing. 

In reality, everything was fine, but it also wasn't.

Now with all of the possible ideas that could be life-changing, it wasn't.

There was also the performance that was yet to happen.

I was also nervous about that.

Yes, some people had been to Starlight's re-opening, and I've danced nationally before, but this was different.

This was going to be in front of hundreds of people who Harry, the CEO of Urban Corp., has worked with. This was going to be a performance at a place where not everyone who enjoyed or understood dance would be — so it had to be a showstopper.