36 | The Way That I Love You

Hi bestiesss! Okay...so... Longest. Chapter. I've. Ever. Written. Soz.

We have vital information in it tho (both perspectives). 

Also, there's a scene which I've never written twice in any of my books before, and it'll probs never happen again. I guess it just fit the moment while writing it. Same style as always, I hope you like it 🤞🏻

And if you got's a Twitter, gimme a follow for some snippets and sneak peeks.

Enjoy, my precious rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this."

That's what I said looking up at my girl, completely frustrated with everything

Breakfast this morning was a bit intense — especially when I woke up. I fell asleep holding Serenity, but when my eyes opened as the sun shone through the windows, her arms were around me.

It was exactly what I needed.

I wasn't sure how we got to that point amid our slumber, but I was incredibly thankful for it.

After I realised she was already awake we talked for a bit, and spent a few minutes in bed together. She asked how I slept and how I was feeling for today, her honest concern warmed my heart — even though I was aware she wanted to know my emotions about seeing her family soon. It was a numbing sensation because I honestly wasn't sure and still a bit drained from last night.

Yet, somehow, I also had a boost of energy in me. Essie claimed that would help for our snowboarding lesson later. She told me that I would have a lot of fun, especially since would be my first proper winter experience. According to her, she'd never done something like this with anyone she previously dated. When I asked what was the most someone did for her, I grimaced when she said it was a picnic in the park. I just hoped I could make her happy and give her something worth so much more.

As my girl claimed, the weather did not lie; because, outside, snow dusted the mountains and trees, which brought an immense amount of delight to face. She was ecstatic, whilst I groaned at the sight. 

I threw my head back onto my pillow in an attempt of refusal to get up. Of course, she didn't let that happen; Essie physically rolled me off the bed — and it hurt like fuck.

Serenity also mentioned ice skating, hot chocolate, and something about a nearby horseback riding trail that she heard about. There was also Lake Louise, which apparently didn't have much, but the view was incredible — so it was an add-on to our list of things to do. 

However, there was also something else — something that I was so incredibly nervous about.

The Banff Gondola.

Essie wasn't afraid of heights, only elevators. Nonetheless, she'd always need someone with her or a familiar hand to hold on to. She never rode them alone with the gondola or ski lifts and always had someone go with her — basically, anyone she knew. People thought it was strange that she had to hold their hand even on the chair lift to go snowboarding, but she didn't care.

It was another thing that I was in awe about her — she never cared about what others think.

Essie was my inspiration, and I strived to be like her.

All of that was what I thought about before we actually got ready. Serenity decided to play games and she did absolutely nothing to distract me. So, that obviously that resulted in some fun in the shower, and we ended up being late for breakfast.