19 | Say You Won't Let Go

Surprise! I couldn't wait any longer to post this!
Okay so, the last time I wrote a super soft chapter, you told me to give you a warning. This is it. I swear, if you heart is not all soft and warm and you don't have a smile on your face by the end of this, then I don't know what to do. It's also a super long one and totally worth it. If you don't like them, suck it up, princesses.
Enjoy, my lovely rosy tulips! 🌷

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

Friday evening was something I could never forget.

Harry stayed the night — again. The reason this time, however, was because we both fell asleep watching a movie. I'd decided to play a film on my laptop instead, so that way we could be more comfortable on my bed. I didn't remember at what point I dozed off, but I do know that I was out before he was. The last thing I recalled was his thumb tenderly grazing my skin, back and forth, and repeat. It was so comforting, and I felt that he was doing that because he wanted to care for someone.

I was his someone.

The early morning sun peaked through the blinds hit against my eyelids as I struggled to open them. When I did, I realised that this time, I'd woken up before Harry. His body was warmer than the feeling of the light that streamed down into my bedroom window. He was so comforting, and cosy, that I just snuggled up a bit more to him.

My hand was placed atop his chest, feeling the dips and curves of his taut muscles as he breathed heavily. He was in a deep slumber, dreaming, as I saw his twitch in rapid movements — and suddenly, the smallest smile tugged at his lips. His head was tilted to the side, and it was just enough to show a faint dimple in his cheek.

His arm was wrapped around my waist, holding me against him, as his leg was slightly curled around my own. Raising myself a little higher, I pulled away to gently run my fingers through his pretty and dishevelled hair. It was so soft as I always imagined it would be — smooth, silky strands that I wished I could keep caressing it.

Because we fell asleep, he was still in his work pants and shirt. The buttons pulled at their openings, wanting to free themselves from discomfort. If I knew this was going to happen, I would've given him something to change into.

His glasses were folded and set on my bedside table. They looked incredible on him, and I hoped that one day he could see the handsome man who he is. With or without them, he looked phenomenal, but I saw the way he winced when I first brought them up — my heart ached. Whoever bullied him, or made him feel hideous with them, left him broken and insecure.

The fact that he seemed comfortable enough to wear them around me warmed my soul. I loved seeing him with glasses — they made him appear more down-to-earth and kind. His rough exterior diminished and I saw more of who Harry truly was with them. 

Not to mention that I had a thing for men who wore glasses — and that wasn't helping my feelings towards him at all.

I remembered when he told me that flowers were his second passion and spoke about them for so long, the smile on my face was the widest it ever got. I was so happy that he was able to open up about something else he loved so much.

Harry was just an absolutely beautiful man with what seemed to be a broken heart. He was closed off, and I wanted to be the person who helped heal it. So many people had destroyed him on the inside that he just decided to protect himself by sheltering behind a concrete cocoon.

When his eyes fluttered open, our gaze immediately met, and I didn't bother hiding the fact that I was watching him. I was afraid that he would snap at me early that morning, but he surprised me by showing me a precious smile.