12 | Where the Light Goes

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

Days and days passed by, and I finally decided on a construction company to do the renovations on my studio. It was an option that was later thrown into the mix, knowing that it was one of the pricier ones, but Harry said he'd worked with them before. Apparently, they're a company which use local materials to reduce the cost of materials, to decrease the carbon footprint — which, of course, includes the additional prices for shipping.

To put it simply, I was thrilled with the choice he gave me. I remember seeing the smallest smile curl on his face — one that was wiped away a lightning speed.

Harry was an incredibly wealthy man, and knew a lot of people, but that didn't mean anything —he was poor in other ways. 

He needed happiness in his life, and it didn't matter in what form it came in, but I was determined to give him that. It was unfortunate, but I knew that I wouldn't remain in constant contact with Harry in the future, especially when the studio hopefully succeeds the goals I have for it; there was no point to do so.

Just that thought, put a small pang in my heart. As much as I didn't want that to happen, it was inevitable.

Unfortunately, I had let my students' parents know that I will no longer be able to be their instructor for an unknown number of weeks; nonetheless, it was just temporary. I recommended another studio, which wasn't the closest, but their fees were similar to Starlight's. I'd also informed them that my costs would be going up after the renovations would be completed.

As expected, all of them understood, but three of the seven parents mentioned that they would no longer be able to send them back to me afterwards. I was lucky that at least I was still left with more than one. It was a miracle, to be honest. Nonetheless, it still upset me, but I had no other option.

I met with Harry after I talked with all of the parents, and he saw that I wasn't my usual 'irritating' self, so he asked what was wrong. To say the least, I was surprised when I told him how I was feeling about all of it.

Harry had given me the direct contact information to the specific architect that he's worked with before. The strange part about it was that I didn't have to call and make the appointment, he'd already done it — and was going with me.

It wasn't something I honestly thought would be part of our deal, but it seemed to see that Harry wanted to be a lot more involved than deemed necessary. I wasn't entirely sure of the exact protocol of how the situation would be, and I knew that I could easily ask Milo for advice, but I didn't want the additional help. The Englishman who I knew was already there to answer all of the questions I had.

Anything business-related, Harry jumped to give me a reply, reason, or explanation for it. He was an expert about it all, and honestly, it amazed me.

Then again, we're all professionals with what we do and know — the things we're also passionate about.

But now, Harry and I were going up the elevator only a few floors up to meet with the architect that would be handling the project. I had spoken to his secretary over the phone to give him a brief description of what I wanted, but this meeting was to further discuss that.

As we stood in the elevator, the back of his hand never failed to graze alongside mine. I was always thankful for his silence — and the fact that he never once asked the reason why I was so terrified of them. I wasn't sure if I would ever be fine with doing it alone, and not having to bother with counting.

"Mr Styles, it's a pleasure seeing you again. Miss Hayes, it's nice to meet you." The secretary greeted us when we walked towards her desk. Harry's strides were much more confident and powerful than mine. Even just being with him, his presence somehow found a way to slightly intimidate me. "Mr Jackson is expecting you. Please, follow me."