14 | V

So like...SURPRISE! 
Also, listen to the song for the chapter while you read this. It's a first I've actually requested it, but the soft piano just makes me emotional. Enjoy, my tulips!

♬ ✥*

Harry.

Movies.

Those were something that I honestly hadn't seen in a long time. When Serenity brought it up, I was shocked that it was even an idea that crossed her mind. It never would have been a suggestion that I would have thought of.

Another thing that I wouldn't have thought to do, was to take care of someone who I didn't entirely know.

There were clearly a lot of things that I didn't really consider other people would do. Things like eating lunches, leaving work early, going out for fun, or staying in and watching a film. Normal things that have been out of the norm for me for several years.

Serenity brought me to her apartment, took me under her wing, gave me the care I needed. She didn't have to do such a thing at all. However, to be frank, I didn't even remember much after I vomited in my office; the sickness hit me like a freight train.

When I woke up, I didn't exactly feel the best, but I just thought it was the weather — and how I rarely slept that night.

Sleep — that, too, was included in the mix of habitual daily actions I failed to do properly. I couldn't remember when the last time I had a decent night's rest.

I was up for several hours getting things done, which took much longer than I predicted. In all honesty, I didn't have to do them; I easily could've handed them over to those below me, but my trust level was low. As much as I knew everyone who worked in my company, and knew how honest they were, I still struggled with it.

As for the sickness, it probably came from the restaurant I ordered from. I decided to try the place for the first time since it opened, but it was a mistake. It only reminded me how I hated trying new things.

Routine was best for me, and that's how I wanted to keep it.

However, Serenity was always fucking that up whenever she showed up unexpected — or even if her name was simply brought up. My mind got preoccupied, and it infuriated the fuck out of me.

It wasn't until I woke up in her bed when I started to become aware of my surroundings. I realised that it wasn't in my room, nor my office, but in a place that I'd never seen before. The sight of Serenity, though, was the best part of my entire day.

Instead of the bug that was in my stomach, I felt butterflies when she looked at me with such care and protection. It'd been ages since anyone has ever given me that expression and was truly honest with what they were saying to me.

The thing that shocked me the most was that she confirmed to me that she knew my secret. It was a secret that I'd kept hidden for years and never wanted anyone to know about.

The fact that I wore glasses.

It might be such a simple thing to the world, but not to me.

She didn't even comment about it when she handed them to me, and that surprised me. It was, again, another item to add to the list of things she astounded me with. That was the first time someone remained quiet when they found out about them — in the past, that is.

The thing she did say was when I was a fool and thought she had bought the soup, rather than make it herself. I assumed things — yet again. It was another flaw that I struggled with, and desperately wished it would go away, but it wouldn't.