10 | Kiss The Rain

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

Rain, rain, won't go away.

The storm carried into the next day, but it was not going to rain on my parade. Instead, I pulled out my rain boots, my favourite umbrella, and took a calming walk with River in the morning.

I'd told him the plan I had for Harry, and he just laughed at me while we strolled through the nearby park. In result, I playfully hit him on the shoulder, which caused for a fake injury. It didn't matter, though, when I linked my arm through his own, and leaned my head upon it. 

Because of the heavy rain, a couple of my students couldn't make it to their class, so I cancelled it for the week. So instead, Riv and I went to Mars' little shop, helped her around for a couple of hours; and by that, I meant I let my two friends mingle together while I actually assisted the customers.

When it came time for me to leave, I left them together, and went to get ready to meet with Harry. I was in a plain shirt and yoga pants, and it wasn't exactly the best way to enter a prestigious company. Switching into more professional, yet fashionable, clothes, I headed out the door; of course, making sure that I cuddled with Luna a little bit beforehand. She was my good luck charm.

Today, I decided to pop my contacts in, seeing as it would be the best thing for what I had planned. What made everything even more exciting was that the main man, himself, did not know a single thing about it.

Last night when Harry messaged me, I was a bit taken back by even receiving it. River and I had just finished watching a movie when my phone lit up. He only saw the name and gave me a knowing smirk, before ushering me into my bedroom. All I could do was let out a laugh before shoving him away.

Flicking on the switch to my fairy lights, I settled comfortably in bed. I stared at the message on the screen, trying not to read much into it — but I wouldn't be me if I didn't. Harry loved to get things done on the spot, yet somehow he messaged me instead of calling.

And for that sake alone, made me respond to him the way I did.

But the fact he replied to me as soon as I sent the texts, assured me that he was waiting for my reply.

I could only picture him, sitting at his desk, jacket off, the tie long gone, exhausted from whatever day he'd had.

It still just confused me, why message me regarding that topic?

Just why?

It was the same question that left circling in my mind ever since last night. 

"Afternoon, Iris. Boss in?" I questioned her as soon as she came into view. A smile was on her face in greeting.

There was one more thing I noticed that was strange that on any day I was scheduled to come in, a particular person was always in the elevator with me.

The security guard who Harry called for when he 'threw me out.'

At first, I thought it was a coincidence; but when I saw him again, something told me that he was there for a purpose.

Yet again, just why?

"When is he not?" She laughed.

"Swell. Can I pop in?"

"Sure thing. Go right on ahead."

"Thanks."

Slowly, I walked over to his office, doing the exact same thing I'd done multiple times before. The scene I saw was no different — including his colourless attire.