2

I woke up this morning to the sound of wrestling and clunking, it scared me first but I came to realize it was just just Thomas and Nathan wrestling again.

As I got out of bed I almost tripped over Susan sleeping on the floor.

Poor thing she must've gotten scared last night.

I quickly got dressed into a white dress with small red flowers sewn into the waistband.

I grabbed a matching white bonnet and proceeded to try and put it on while running around the house looking for my shoes.

"What are you looking for Kit?" Asks Margaret.

"My shoes, I thought I left them right here."

"They're right there sweetie." Abigale says politely.

"Thank you Abigale." I reply with the same kindness.

"So where are you off to today Kit?" Samuel cuts in.

"I'll just be with Fel and Cath."  I say, immediately catching Thomas' attention.

"Tell Catherine I say hello." Says Thomas.

"Oh I definitely will." I say while trying to hold my laughter, making Thomas blush.

                                           ***
As Felicity, Catherine, and I looked around the small dress shop in town we came across a dark emerald green dress with black lace detailing.

"This would looked beautiful on you Kit." Felicity spoke kindly.

"I love it but it costs 18 pounds, my father has enough trouble as it is.

"You could marry a rich man." Catherine joked.

"I do not wish to marry, and besides all the men around here are either already married, or in support of the Red Coats."

"Maybe you should marry then Cathie." Felicity teased.

"Oh please the only man she would even ever get close too is my dear brother Thomas, we all know you fancy him." I tease Catherine making her blush uncontrollably.

"I do not fancy anyone." Catherine shoots back with an attitude.

"I beg to differ." Felicity cuts in laughing.

As we stepped outside of the small shop a strong gust of wind came along making Catherine's bonnet fly off as we all laughed.

"You will find anything funny." Catherine scolds us as Felicity and I laugh.

"Come my mother wants to have you guys over for tea." Catherine interrupted our laughing, most likely because of the food.

                                           ***
As Felicity, Catherine, and I walked through the halls of the house I couldn't help but feel intrigued, although I have been here a thousand times before I seem to be in awe everytime I come back.

All of the paintings, and portraits hanging on the walls of the huge house kept me busy while we were walking.

We were quickly greeted by Lydia, her bright green eyes bringing a beautiful contrast to her dark features.

"Come in come in." Catherine's mother sounded from another room. Her french accent prominent while talking.

"Hello girls!" The woman with red hair smiled to us as we entered the room.

She was sitting on a rocking chair in the corner of the room.

"Now now Jane, don't talk too much." Catherine's father sounded from another room.

"Oh hush it George."

Suddenly then Catherine's little sister Virginia came running through the doors that lead to the garden. Her black hair was a mess and she looked like she was about to cry.

"Hold on girls, I have to deal with this one." Jane said annoyed.

                                         ***
After talking over tea for a couple hours with a couple complaints from Catherine about how bored she was the sun began to set.

"I should probably get home, before Nonie gets worried." Felicity spoke kindly.

"Yes me as well, thank you for having us Mrs. Benedict." I say.

"Yes thank you Mrs Benedict." Felicity says again.

"Oh it is my pleasure girls, please come over again anytime you would like." Mrs. Benedict spoke politely.

"Bye!" Catherine says with her mouth full of food earning a disapproving look from her mother.

"Bye Cathie!" Felicity and I both say at the same time as we walk out the door.

As soon as Felicity and I both got outside we hugged and said goodbye, going our separate ways.

I ran through the cobblestone streets without having a care in the world. I was just trying to get home.

As I neared my family's plantation I could see the workers in the fields. I said hello to every single one of them, making sure not to exclude anyone.

I quickly ran inside only to find everyone huddled beside one person.

Gabriel.