35

"KIT!" I hear a voice shaking me awake. I slowly open my eyes to realize that it is Margaret.

"What?" I groan.

"We need to leave, now!" She panics.

"Why?" I shoot out of bed, before grabbing my little sisters hand and running out the door.

"He's here." Thomas says a little louder than a whisper from behind me.

"Who?"

"Colonel Tavington." He says, making me gasp. I did not know if I should be happy or not.

We creep down towards the dining room. Where we meet Aunt Charlotte.

"Kit, you and I will take care of the children, they must get out of here unharmed." She whispers to me. Making me nod to her in response.

Without warning the door opened. I knelt down to the children and held them in my arms to keep them calm.

"Get down!" Charlotte yells silently to us, while pointing at the cellar.

I put my hand to my heart, however I noticed that something was missing. The necklace.

"Shit, shit, shit." I whisper to myself.

"You take the children, I forgot something." I tell my Aunt.

"No, you're staying here with us." Thomas tried to command me.

"If anything happens i'll jump out the window."

"Kitty, no-" Charlotte reaches towards me. However I had already run the opposite direction.

I noticed from the corner of my eye that Thomas had tried to run after me. However he was quickly stopped my Aunt Charlotte, who had grabbed his arm and practically threw him into the cellar. Before hearing the cellar door slam shut.

I got back up to the room that I had been staying in with my sisters. I carefully opened a small wooden box, and pulled a silver locket out.

"Holy fuck." I sighed in relief.

I begin running back towards the cellar. However I was stopped by a Dragoon's chest colliding with my left cheek. Making me fall to the floor.

"Look at what we have here." I hear a Yorkshire accent sound from above me.

"She looks pretty beautiful, for a rebel." A different man spits in my face.

I reach over to try and get the necklace that had been thrown out of my hands when I fell. However I was stopped by one of the men's boots colliding with my wrist.

"LET ME GO!" I yell.

"Aw, pretty little girl thinks she can order us around." A man with a twisted smile mocks me. Before pressing his foot deeper into my wrist. He looks down at me in disgust. I open my mouth to tell once more, however it is stopped by the crack of my wrist. Making me scream in pain.

"You deserve it, whore." He says before removing his foot from my wrist, and kicking me across my face.

"SIXLEY!" I hear a man yell.

"Sir I-" The man that I could only recognize to be Sixley falls back towards the wall. Before a loud crackle of gunfire silences him. The man falls to the ground without another word. His blood spilled across the walls of my Aunt's Plantation.

"Leave, before I shoot you as well." I hear a familiar voice say. As the other man scurries away from us.

"William?" I look up.

"Hello, Kitty." He slowly walks towards me.

"I'm sorry." I say while struggling to sit up.

"Ah." He kneels beside me.

"I'm so sorry." My voice cracks and my bottom lip begins to quiver.

"Are you?" He stares coldly into my eyes. I had witnessed him do the same a night before, however this time he had no emotion hidden deep in his eyes.

"I love you." I hold his face in my hand.

He gazes into my eyes for a moment, searching for any dishonesty. When he found none he let out a sigh.

"I love you as well." He says before connecting his lips to mind momentarily.

I fell into his warm embrace. However everything went dark before I could pull away.