16

I wake up in a small white tent, I was surrounded by books, but the most noticeable was perhaps the man who was holding my hand.

The Colonel sat in the chair next to the cot I was on, he was fast asleep, still holding my hand. His grip is strong, and his hands are cold, however it felt right.

His eyes flutter open making me turn my eyes the other direction.

"Good morning." He says in a raspy morning voice.

I say nothing, just point to my throat in a silent request for water.

He quickly lets go of my hand and gets up, he goes over towards the other side of the tent, and comes back with a water jug. he leans over me, and gently places his fingers on my chin, making me open my mouth. He quickly pours the refreshing liquid in my mouth, and down my throat. I drank half of the jug before he removes the jug from in between my lips.

"I wish too apologize." He says while setting the jug on the floor.

"What for?" I ask, although I clearly knew what it was for.

"I did not mean what I said that night, I am sorry."

"How do I know you are telling the truth?"

"You don't, I don't know if you ever will." His lips tug upwards into a smirk.

"I'm not letting you get off this easily, you owe me a favor." I say while folding my arms across my chest.

"What kind of favor?"

"I'm not sure yet, but you have to do whatever it is I say to do, when the time comes."

"That doesn't sound too bad."

He extends his hand out to me, which I try and accept, however my legs are much to weak to hold up my body, giving the Colonel no choice but to carry my bridal style, however when we get close to my tent he suddenly makes a turn towards his own.

As he takes me inside, I soak in the familiar setting of his tent, before he sets me on his cot, and pulls the covers over me.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"I ordered for your belongings to be put in the carriage, so in the mean time you will stay here."

"Carriage to where?"

"We are moving to Middleton Place."

"Actually, Why wouldn't you tell me this?" I furiously ask.

"I would have, however you have unfortunately been asleep for the past two weeks." He snickers.

"Sir-" I try and continue but he cuts me off.

"Please call me William."

"Okay, William." I smile, which he returns.

I scoot up on my bottom to try and give William a hug, which he clearly got considering he pulled me into a tender embrace.

He smells of gunpowder, and leather.

"Thank you." I whisper in his ear.

"It's my pleasure." He whispers back.