20

He seemed to be taken aback at first, but after a couple seconds his lips began hungrily moving against mine, he swiped his tongue across my bottom lip, wordlessly asking for permission to enter my mouth. I quickly open, our tongues dance together in harmony. I put my hands on his shoulders, while his hold my waist. He moves his right hand to my shoulder, and begins to feel the skin beneath his coat. I begin to realize what I am doing, and break off from his lips.

"I'm so sorry!"  I whimper.

"I don't mind, I quite enjoyed it." He breathes heavily.

"No no, we shouldn't be doing this."

"Why should we not?" He smirks.

"What would my father say, he hates you." I begin to panic.

"We can have this moments to ourselfs."

"I suppose so." I contemplate.

He shoots me a goofy grin, and I huff and look at the ground.

"I assume you enjoy my presence?"  He says, with a smirk still on his face.

"I enjoy yours no more than you enjoy mine."

"Oh, so you do enjoy my presence."

"What?" I look back up at him.

"You do things to me, Miss Martin."

"What kind of things?" My heart begins beating rapidly.

"I care about you, I have not felt that way in a long time, especially not with a woman as yourself."

"Such a charming man." I mock him.

"It is true, I won't ever let anyone hurt you, I will always protect you. I know you don't feel the same." He speaks with a look of sadness in his eyes.

"How do you know how I feel."  I speak gently.

"I'm a monster, nobody could ever love me, I am nothing more than a monster."  He looks away.

"Am I nobody?" I raise my small hand to his face and turn his face towards me.

He sadly looks into my eyes, before directing his attention to the ground.

"We can't ever be together, you should know that."

"Please, stay with me tonight."

"Alright." He says softly.

I grab onto his hand, and lead him towards a small grassy clearing, where I proceed to sit down, while he just stares at me.

"Are you coming?" I pat the spot next to me.

"You are the most insufferable vermin I have ever come across." He rolls his eyes.

"You seem to enjoy it though." I wink.

He takes a seat next to me, before pulling me into his chest, and laying down with me still in his arms.

I fall asleep to the smell of gunpowder, and leather, Not having a care in the world, I just needed him beside me.