34

Author's note:

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update this y'all. I've been so busy with school and other things that I have had no time.
Anyways I hope you can forgive me.

Yours always, Kat.

Kitty's POV~

I was walking outside rather slowly, as I was lost in thought. I had my family and my friends back. All I needed now was him.

I carefully begin climbing the old tree that was in front of me. The limbs creaked in the wind. However I was stopped by someone below my feet.

"Aunt Charlotte?" I raised my right brow.

"Hello dear." She shot me a warm smile. It almost made me tear up. She had the same smile as my mother.

"What ever brings you out here?"

"I must talk to you, I promised your father." She sighed and looked down.

"Oh?" I jumped down from the tree, and hissed in pain as I landed too hard, which made my ankles burn.

"Who is he?" She asked calmly.

"Excuse me?"

"Who is the man that you have been seeing?" She asked again, still with the same calmness as before.

"How ever could you know of this?" I gasp.

"I know everything sweetheart, I promise I will not tell your father.

"Well....." I begin, before getting cut off.

"Excuse me for my impoliteness, but take your own time dear, do not rush."

"I-I am engaged." I stutter.

"To who? If I may ask." She puts her hand on her chest, but remained calm.

"Tavington." I look away.

"Do you love him?"

"Yes, I do." I burry my face in my hands.

"Well, if you love him please don't ever let him go."

"Like you did my father?" I joke, making her chuckle.

"Yes, it was the biggest mistake of my life. However we must all make mistakes, if I never would have done that, I wouldn't have you." The graceful words flowing freely off her tongue, making me look up at her.

"So what do I do now?" I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Well....if he loves you, he will certainly come back."

"What if he doesn't?" I harshly slide my fingers down my cheeks, making my vision go blurry."

"I don't know." She says quietly.

"You know, I believe that is the first time you have ever not known something."

"Well, we will just have to wait and see." She glimmers at me.

"Thank you" I smile back.

"It's my pleasure darling."

"Thank you for not sending my father out to talk to me also."

"That would not have ended well." She giggles.

"No it wouldn't have." I laugh with her.

I finally felt at home again.