27

I awoke the next morning by the sound of the door opening, I look over too see who it is. I am greeted with the familiar face of Joan.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry miss!" She puts her hand over her eyes, and rushes out. Making me laugh.

I decide to lay back down, considering I was alone in bed. However I am awoken once more by the door opening.

"Wake up." An english accent sounds from the door, which I could only recognize to be the Colonel's.

"Five more minutes." I groan.

"I promise I will make it up too you." He says again.

"Fine, this better be good." I get up. However a couple seconds later I come to realize I am completely naked.

"Look away will you." I try and cover myself up with my arms. Making William smirk.

"I mean it." I grumble.

"Okay, okay." He turns around. Giving me a chance too get dressed.

"Alright, what is so important that you had to interrupt my snooze?" I walk beside him.

"Come along." He takes my hand.

He leads me out into the halls, then out of the house towards the gardens.

"Okay seriously, where are we going?" I whine.

"You will see." He says as we come up into the gardens. We stop near a rose bush, and William turns to face me while digging something out of his pocket.

"What are we here for?"

"Must you always ask so many questions." He complains, while finally getting what seemed like a necklace out of his coat pocket.

"What is that?" I question, just to annoy him.

"What's your middle name?" He asks.

"Charlotte." I respond with a confused look on my face.

"Alright."

"Kitty Charlotte Martin, will you marry me." I gasp at his proposal. "I understand if you do not want too, I mean we have not been together for a while, I didn't even get your fathers hand, but I do really love you, I-" He says nervously. However I cut him off with a hug.

"Yes, I will marry you." I whisper in his ear. Making him sigh in relief.

I pull my head off of his shoulder and look into his beautiful blue eyes for a couple seconds, before connecting my lips with his.

"May I?" He says after I pull away.

"Yes, you may." I giggle.

He lets me look at the necklace for a few seconds, it had a beautiful silver ring hanging on a silver chain. The ring itself was gorgeous, with flowers edged into the band, with one flower in the middle, housing a white pearl.

"Oh my gosh William, it's beautiful." My mouth drops at the sight of such a marvelous necklace.

"Thank you, it was my mother's actually. She gave it too my sister, and you know the rest after that." His face saddens.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes, I trust you enough."

"Thank you so much." I turn around, lifting up the hair that had fallen out of the once elegant updo sitting atop of my head.

He slowly puts the necklace on, before running the back of his fingers down my spine. I shiver at the touch, due to the fact that his hands were freezing.

"I love you." I softly say while turning around.

"I love you too." He sends me a genuine smile, before leaning down to my face. He looks in my eyes for a second before his lips passionately meet mine.

"Please don't ever leave me, I do not know what I will become if you do." He says quietly while removing his lips from mine.

"I promise." I wrap my arms around his torso, and place my head on his chest.