Chapter 4: They're Real!

We all sat there together for just a few moments, as none of us were sure what to right now. We looked around at each other, as I saw the excited, but also quite scared look on the faces of Gift and Pike. I shivered a bit as well, as I was not quite sure what we were getting ourselves in to.
Our mother had told us to not go out of the house! This had to be a bad idea, surely right? At the same time, a part of me thought that it was a good idea, and that I was excited too. Nut had told us that our mother went out of the place all of the time, and she always came back perfectly fine.
I had not thought of it like that ever before. I also knew at the same time, our mother was a lot smarter than us, and she knew more about how to go and make it out in the wild. I closed my eyes for just a few moments, as I tried to shake off all of those thoughts.
I needed to at least see what it was like out there, if I did not do it now, I was not sure if I would ever do it. I could not live my whole life being scared of trying something new. Besides, how bad could it really hurt us? After all, we were only going in top of the fence, to see the world out there.
I then opened my eyes, all at the same time as well, as I heard the voice of Nut, as he began to speak to all of us. I looked around for just a few moments, as I saw where it was that he was heading to all at the same time. For some reason I felt like I should make an excuse to get myself out of this.
I shook my head at the same instance though, as I then focused my ears, and my thoughts on what it was that Nut was saying to both me, my brother, and my sister.
"Come on then... Follow me young ones!" He said to us. Nut then began to walk past the little flap door to go out of the house. Me and my kin all looked at each other for a few moments, wondering who it was that was going to be the first one to follow him.
My sister, who had seemed to act the most afraid out of all of us, shook her head, and then she quickly headed to the door, and pushed it open. She was now gone, and as much as I did not like my sister, I was a bit afraid to see her go.
She was still my kin, and I did not want her to just die. I shivered, as it felt like I was going to have a bit of a panic attack at the same time as well. Suddenly I felt my brothers fur, as he rubbed against my side, with the side of his body.
I blinked a few times, as I then turned my head to my brother at the same time as well. I looked at him for just a few moments, as I could tell he was trying to think this through at the same time too. I could tell that he was quite scared just as I was.
But I saw a bit more of an excited look on his face, that seemed to poke out a lot more than the scared look had. I felt as though I should be a lot more excited than I was scared, but at the sane time, the stories that my mother had told me about going out there, seemed to be giving me nightmares in my head all at once.
My brother had a bit of a sad smile on his face for some reason, though he still did look excited. I was a bit confused as to what it could be, to have him act like that as well. I then nodded to him at the same time, as he nodded back, and began to speak to me.
"Limp... We have to go and see what it is like! Remember all of the stories that Pintclaw, and Brokenfoot used to tell us? They were just like us at one point!" He said to me. I looked at him for just a few moments, but I still felt like I was not too sure if all of this was a good idea or not.
I looked down at the ground for a few moments, as I began to shiver at the same time as well. I was trying my best not to freak out, as I tried my best to keep myself calm and relaxed. I was glad that my sister was not in here with us, because I knew that she would surely make fun of me.
I loved my sister, but at times, it sure did not seem like she felt the same way about me. She was my kin, and I wished that she treated the both of us a lot more nice than she did. I shook my head at the same time as well, as I tried to shake off those thoughts.
This had nothing to do with her right now... I needed have my mind focused on what it was that we were doing in the first place. Then again, was this all really a good idea? I looked at my brother, as I saw that he still had his eyes locked on me, as I then began to speak to him.
"But they had clans... And even then, those clans broke apart too! How do we know this is a good idea? I want to go out there, but I am scared!" I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, as he then rubbed himself against me, just as he had done a few moments ago.
I knew that he was just trying to calm me down, as he did not want me to freak out, like I often did, as I had a lot of panic attacks. I also often did get very angry at cats a lot as well. I was a mess, and I knew, that even though my sister was just trying to get on my nerves, that I truly was the runt of our litter...
I put my head down low to the ground, as I knew that Brokenfoot had told me that she had those same problems as I did, when she was a lot younger. She told me that I would at some point get over it, and that I would learn to deal with it, but I wondered when it was that it would happen.
I shook my head at the same time as well, as I knew that I was still young, our litter was still less than 4 moons old. This really should not be a good idea, but at the same time, I so badly wanted to see how beautiful it was out there.
I then lifted my head up to my brother, as I saw it lit up a bit of a smile on his face as well, now that he saw that his sister did not have her head so low to the ground. I looked at him, and then I smiled back at him. He then nodded to me, as he then began to speak to me too.
"Well... In the end it is your decision, if you choose not to, just please do not tell our mother about this! I hope that I will see you out there..." He said to me, as he then began to walk over to the same little door flap that I had seen Nut and Gift walk through. But just before he did do the same, he looked back at me, and began to speak. "And remember, we aren't actually going out in the wild! We are just looking on top of the fence."
I looked at him for just a few moments, as I blinked my eyes a few times. I saw him then shake his head at me. I stared for just a few more moments, as I then watched, as my brother walked through the flap door, just as I had seen both Nut and Gift do.
I stared at it for a few moments, as it all came back to me at once. Our mother always told us to never go out there, unless we badly needed to make dirt. I knew that this was by far a bad idea, but at the same time, was it really?
I stared at the cat flap for a few more moments, as I heard my sisters voice speak loudly from outside, though I could not understand a word of what it was that she might be saying to all of the others, I felt like she was making fun of me.
I got a bit upset at the same time as well, I would show her! I then carelessly began to walk to the cat door, and once I was up near it, I then stopped. This was a bad idea! I knew that I should not do this, it was so much safer inside!
I then shook my head, as I knew, that even though it was not going to be the same as what it really was like out there, I still knew that I needed to go and see what it looked like. I then lifted my head up, as I made my decision, and made sure that I was not going to change my mind this time.
I then poked my head out of the cat flap, as I instantly spotted Gift, Nut, and Pike. The smell, was amazing, as it took my just a few moments, to just take it all in. I never knew how nasty it was in the house, until I smelt what it was like out here.
We were near twoleg places as well, I was sure that those made it a bit nasty, and it must smell a lot better in the wild, than it smelt where we were at right now. I sat there for a few moments, as I then shook my head, as I knew that was the least I should have my thoughts on.
I opened my eyes, as I looked at my brother and sister. I saw that they were looking up at the sky, as they felt the warmth of the sun at the same time as well. It was a bit cold out here, but the sun, even inside the house, always did a good job of warming us up.
That is when I sudden burst of wind came in at the same time as well. We all then began to shake and shiver, as it made all of us feel very cold, even Nut as I saw too. I stared up at the sky for a bit longer, until I heard Nuts voice, and I looked back down, as I saw him speaking to me.
I stared at him for just a few moments, as I was a bit surprised at the same time as well. He usually paid my very little attention, due to the fact that I was the runt of the litter, but at this moment, he had a bit of a smile on his face, as he spoke to me. I looked at him with a surprised look, but I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Good to see that you decided to follow us out here Limp!" Nut said to me. I then saw both my brother and my sister then turn their heads around, with a bit of a surprised look on their faces, that I had actually made the decision, that I was going to follow them out here.
I expected my sister to be a bit upset as well, but it seemed that she was too excited to have any worry about me at the exact moment. I saw my brother nod to me, as I saw he had a big smile on his face at the same time. I then walked over to him.
My sister turned her head back to the sky, as she felt the wind, though it was a bit cold, she jumped up and down, as the dead leaves flew past us at the same time too. I looked around for a few moments, as I looked at one of the trees, now that I had seen some leaves fly past us.
I noticed that it also looked to have some leaves growing on it at the same time as well. I began to get a bit excited as I then turned my head to my brother at the same time as well. I was no longer scared any more, as those thoughts had passed me now.
My brother did not seem to notice me for a few moments, as I saw him looking all around him at the same time, as he was too busy enjoying the environment that was around him, I looked away, as I figured that I should just let him be for a bit longer.
Just as I was about to do the same as he was, he then turned his head over to me, seeing that I was looking at him, I blinked at him for a few moments, and then I went ahead and began to speak to him at the same time as well.
"Wow! This is awesome, he was right! They all were! The leaf bare is almost done too, the leaves are growing on the trees!" I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, as I could tell he was very happy to see the big smile that was on my face.
I had not managed to be able to smile all that much, ever since the loss of both Brokenfoot and Pintclaw. I shook my head, as I knew that I did not need to have my thoughts on that fact. I knew that they would be happy to see us enjoying outside right now, if they were still with us.
I looked down for just a few moments, as I saw Pike look away. I thought long and hard for a few moments, of some of the stories that they used to tell us at the same time as well. As my mind then got off track, and flew back into a really old memory of mine.

I stared at Pintclaw for a few moments, as my brother and my sister had already left the room, due to the fact that they were tired, and they so badly wanted to get some sleep. I was so excited, and I was not tired at all however.
Pintclaw looked at me with a bit of a smile on his face at the same time as well. His mate, just as my brother and sister had done, had went ahead and gone to get some sleep. She was a bit older than he was, so it made sense as to why she got tired a bit faster than he seemed to.
He had a bit of a glimmer in his eyes though, as he saw his mate walk into their room, he then turned his head back over to me at the same time as well. I stared at him for just a few moments longer, as I could bare it no more, and I began to speak to him.
"Please Pintclaw! Tell me another story, I want to hear them!" I begged of him. He looked at me for just a few moments, as he smiled right back at me. I was not smiling though, I was too busy focused on the fact that I wanted to hear another story.
It seemed so crazy, and so amazing that both he and Brokenfoot had once lived out in the wild. At the same time it seemed a bit scary as well, as my mother had told me so many horror stories herself, about what it was like out in the wild.
If you asked my, it only seemed to make both Pintclaw, and Brokenfoot seem a lot stronger than I had ever imagined them being, a lot being the fact that they were also quite a bit old at the same time as well. It was crazy to think that they had survived out there.
I stared at Pintclaw for just a few moments longer as well. I saw him look around for a bit longer, which confused me a bit, as to what it was that he might be looking for. Had he lost something? I then shook my head, as I heard him then begin to speak to me.
"Well... Brokenfoot, and your mother Nifty probably don't want me to tell you about this but..." He began to say, but then he stopped. I looked at him a bit confused for just a few moments, but then he shook his head, as he kept on talking to me. "We were told of a place where cats went after they died... They got angry because we did not believe in them... So angry that, they destroyed the clans! But they are real... I promise you!"
I looked at him for just a few moments, as I was a bit surprised, but I was a bit confused at the same time as well. Those cats did not seem to be very friendly if that was the reason that the clans had fallen apart. I shook my head at the same time.
I then closed my eyes, as I tried to think of what it was that could have made it to where the clans did not believe in them. If that was the reason that the clans had fallen. I shook my head, as I did my best to focus my thoughts on them.
Suddenly I saw a bit of light, which confused my, due to the fact that I had my eyes closed. I focused in on the light, as suddenly I saw something whiz by me. I then saw a cat, I looked at it a bit surprised, as I saw a bunch of stars on its pelt.
It then began to walk over to me at the same time as well, as it had a bit of an angry look on its face. Was it upset at me? It then disappeared, as I opened my eyes, and I looked up at Pintclaw. He had a bit of a smile on his face, as I suddenly shouted to him.
"The starclan cats! They're real!"