Chapter 6: Get Inside!

I stared at it for a long time, as it brought quite the smile to my face. It was more amazing than I had ever even imagined. It almost brought shivers down my spine too. I had been told all about it, by the likes of both Pintclaw, and Brokenfoot, but never had I expected this.
It was not much to look at besides a bunch of trees, and a little bit of a dead grove, but it was certainly a lot better than the place that I had grown up in. I hated that place, and I had always had dreams, of the stories that our grand parents had told us of.
I knew that it was gone though, and I had to take in reality. If it were gone, at least at some point I could at least live in the wild. At the same time though, the horrible stories that my mother had told us, came back to me as well, which made me think otherwise.
I lowered my head to the ground, a bit sad. I wanted to be out here, but for one thing, I did not know how to hunt. I had been told by Pintclaw, that it had taken him a very long time to teach Brokenfoot to hunt. I wondered if it was because of her messed up foot, or if it were due to the fact that she had been a medicine cat.
I shook my head, at the same time as well, as I knew that I should not worry about those clans, so to say. They were just a memory in the past, and I some times wondered if what I had been told about all of it had been in fact true, or just some made of story to tell young kits.
I kept my head down low to the ground, as all of it was quite sad to me, to think of all of the things that could have been. I could have grown up, and lived in a happy place, with happy cats. Instead I had grown up in a two leg places, with a bunch of sad cats.
It got me a bit angry, thinking about all that I had missed out on. I felt like I wanted to cry right now, but at the same time, I did not want to be made fun of, by my sister Gift. I just did my best to hide all of the emotions that were swarming through my head at the exact moment.
I kept my head down low, as I saw from the corner of my eyes, that both my sister, and my brother looked very happy at what they were looking at. I wish I could have said the same as well, but instead, I let the voices in my head get the best of me, as I usually tended to do.
I stared down at the dead grass that was below me. It was dead, just like all of the chances that I had to see, and to meet the clans. I suppose I should be happy, like Brokenfoot had told me, that if the clans still existed, that it meant that neither me, nor my brother and my sister would exist either.
She had told me that medicine cats were not allowed to have kits. I felt like, if I were a part of the clans, than that was the job that I would have loved to have had. I could save the lives of a bunch of cats, and I could have a safe home to live in.
I shook my head, once again, as I knew that it did not matter. I looked over at my brother, and my sister, as I saw the big smiles on their faces, as they stared out in to the wild. They did not look to have any sort of fear on their faces, nor did they seem to be lost in thought.
I suppose that I should be the same as they were right now. I lowered my head to the ground a bit sadly once again, as I still could not drown out all of the voices that were in my head. I felt the warmth of another cat against me, as I turned my head over to it.
I stared at the cat, with a bit of a surprised look as well. It had been a while since I had seen her, but I could recognize the smile from hundred tail lengths away. I looked at her, and I just smiled at her for a few moments, as the warmth from her seemed to be radiating across the air.
After a few moments though, she seemed to begin to disappear right in front of me. I looked around for just a few seconds, as I then blinked my eyes, a bit confused as to what had just happened to me. After a couple of blinks, I realized that the cat that had rubbed against me, was Nut.
I looked at him for a few seconds, as I saw that he had a bit of a confused look on his face right now. I wondered if he had seen me just smiling at him for some reason, which was not normal for me, as I was very much unlike my brother and my sister.
He shook his head, as it was clear that he was trying to shake the thoughts that he had just had, from out of his head. He looked at me for just a few more seconds, and then he nodded to me, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me, as he began to speak.
"I know you miss Brokenfoot, and Pintclaw... They told me the stories about the cats that lived out there too. I miss them as well, but it is time for you to move on with your life... They are gone now." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I squinted my eyes at him.
He looked at me, as he tilted his head side ways a bit, as it was clear that he was confused as to what was going on with me right now. I could not help it though, as it seemed like, the last few days I had just been holding in a lot of anger.
Right now, it just felt like it was too much, and it all of the sudden felt like it was just about to explode. I felt bad for Nut, as he was a nice cat, as far as I had learned from him at least. I just could not bare the pain for any longer though, as I then began to speak back to him in a loud, and angry tone in my voice.
"You don't know them! You don't know what it was like to live out here! All that they had gone through! You are just a kittypet!" I yelled at him. He looked at me a bit surprised for a few moments, as I knew that unlike my brother, my sister, and my mother, he had never seen that from me before.
I could tell that he did not know how to handle it as well. He was not sure if he were to get angry and yell right back at me, or what it was that he should do. He was a lot older than me, and a lot more grown up than I was, as he made the smart decision.
He looked away from me, and just put his head down low to the ground, as it was clear that he was wondering what it was that he had said wrong. He had said nothing wrong though, it was more just the fact, that there was something that was wrong with me.
I looked away from Nut, as I felt a bit bad for him. I looked over at my brother and my sister, as I was a bit embarrassed as well. I saw a bit of a surprised, and almost like there was a disgusted look on the face of my sister.
My brother was just surprised that I had acted that way in front of Nut. He was one of the most nice cats that I had ever come across. He squinted his eyes at me, for just a few moments, but he did not say a word to calm me down, or try to relax me, like he typically tended to do.
I lowered my head down low to the ground, as I did my best to try to ignore the both of them. I was not sure what to say, or what to do. I felt like I should just go back into the den. Just as I was about to jump down though, I then heard my sister begin to speak back to me, I looked up at her, with a sad look in my eyes.
"Limp! I know I am mean to you, and I do sometimes deserve it, but Nut, he did nothing wrong! He took us out here, to see the wild!" She said to me, with a bit of a shocked look on her face. It was a bit of a surprise to me as well, as she was normally angry at me when I acted that way.
I knew she was right as well, as I then put my head down low to the ground as I felt like I should just go back in to the house. There was no reason for me to be out here any longer anyways. All it would do is hurt me more, to think of all of the memories that I had with Pintclaw and Brokenfoot.
I put my head down to the ground, a bit sad for just a few moments. Then I began to get myself ready for the bit of a long fall, back down in to the garden. As I was just about to hop back down, I heard the voice of my brother Pike, as he finally decided to speak.
"Limp... Just enjoy what we see, you do not need to worry about the past, it is behind us now. Just enjoy the memories that they used to tell us stories about, that it what they would want. They would not want to see you with your head down to the ground all of the time." He said to me. I turned my head up to him, and then I blinked a couple of times.
I knew that he was right, my entire kin were all very smart cats, I could not deny of that. Even my sister, though she did act a bit dumb at times. I still loved her however. I nodded to my brother, as he then smiled at me, and then he turned his head back over to the view of the wild.
I sat there for a few more moments, as I contemplated whether or not I should just go back inside. I looked over at Nut, as I could tell that I had hurt him quite a bit, with the words that I had said to him. Brokenfoot was in fact correct, when she said that 'words were powerful'.
She had told me, that it could be in a good way, and a bad way, but it seemed like most of the time, for me, it was in a bad way. I shook my head, as I knew that Nut was a strong cat, he would get over it. I was not sure why, but it seemed like it had not been just me that had hurt him.
From what I had seen from him, he had acted like this all day. I shook my head, as I knew that I was too young to be worrying about the problems of other cats right now. I had to enjoy being young, while it still lasted. I knew that I would not be with my kin for the rest of my life.
At some point, we would have to make our own decisions. Based off of what I had seen from Nut today, it might seem like that time would be coming, a lot more sooner, rather than later. I shivered, as I tried my best not to think about all of it.
I looked back into the wild, just as my brother, and my sister had been doing. It just did not feel the same as it had a few moments ago, for me however. All I saw, was a bunch of dead grass, and dead trees. Sure, it might look a lot nicer than the two leg place, but a part of me felt like what my mother had told me, was in fact correct.
It looked very scary, and I did not see very many living animals around that a cat could kill, and feed its clan. I shook my head, as I just looked away from all of it. I stared back into the also, now dead garden too. Maybe I was over thinking all of it.
Maybe it was just because we were in the leaf bare. I had been told that every thing died around this season. I could just be over thinking all of it. I stared down there for a few more moments, until I then heard Nut begin to speak quietly to all of us.
"Shes here! I did not expect her to be back so early... Get inside!"