Epilogue

It was hard for me to get any sleep as of late. There was so many cats in the den with me, and it felt like I was a warrior cat at the moment. So many cats had got sick, as the seasons were changing, and it was no longer cold out side.
It felt like any time I fell asleep, I would hear a loud cough from the other side of the room, and it would wake me up, as it would freak me out every time that I heard it. I was having a bit ot some PTSD, of when I had heard coughs from not just my grand parents, who were but a faint memory of my past, but also to the fact that I had heard coughs non stop shortly before my sister, and my mother had died.
I had not realized just how much I loved the both of them, until they were gone. Any time I heard a cat cough around me, it would always take me back down those dark memories of them. It seemed like those were the only type of memories that I had as well, which were the bad ones.
It had always been that way for me, as it had felt. I loved my brother, but when I thought about what he had done, and where he had gone, it was always in a bit of some anger, that it had felt that he had left me and my sister out to die by ourselves, in the wild.
We had not died though, or rather, I had not at the very least. I shook my head, as I closed my eyes at the same time too. I thought I might be able to sleep now, as there had been a few moments of silence, besides the crickets that were chirping out side of the camp.
Just as I felt like I might how ever, that is when I heard the loud cough of another cat, as it made me jump a bit, as I freaked out and looked over at where I had heard it coming from. I blinked a few times, as I saw that it was just a cat that was coughing it her sleep.
I shook my head, as I lifted my head up a bit, and I stretched at the same time as well. Some times, I wish that I was back with my kin, in the old two leg place. Things were a lot more simple back then. I had always dreamed of me going out and living in the wild, and going to see the clans, but I never would have thought that it would be so hard.
I began to walk out of the medicine den, as I kept my ears out, for any cat that might call my name for help at the same time, as I made sure that I did not get too far away from the den. As I got out of the den, I began to look around the camp, to make sure that all of the cats were okay, and no one else had got the small cold as well.
Every cat was asleep as it seemed, and the only coughs that I had heard, were the occasional coughs that came from inside of the medicine den. I shook off all of those, as I tried my best to just keep my mind on positive thoughts, as I looked up at the sky, and up at the moon that looked a little bit brighter than usual.
Every time I saw the moon, I could not help but think of our leader, Moonstar, as he had let me in to his clan, and he has helped me so much through all of this. He was the one that had brought back the clans, even if a lot of cats that I saw at gatherings, did not seem to share that same level of respect.
I let out a bit of a loud sigh, as I jumped all of the sudden, at the same time as well, as I heard foot steps of another cat heading right over to me. It scared me a bit, as I was not sure as to why, as I was used to cats coming to me in the night, when it seemed like the had some sort of problem.
I turned my head over to the cat, as I thought that it might be Mintnose, or another cat, but it was not the case at all, as to my surprise, I saw that it was in fact Venomtail. I blinked a few times, as I tilted my head a bit, in the assumption that he might have come to me, as he felt as if he were sick as well.
I let out a bit of a quiet, and annoyed sigh, as I then nodded to the older tom cat, as he nodded back to me at the same time too. I knew that I should not be upset, as it was my job to be the medicine cat of Windclan, but at the same time as well, I wish that I did not have the limp, so that I could be a normal warrior cat.
I blinked a few times, as I saw that Venomtail as well, was staring up at the moon, at the same time too, as if he might be thinking of our leader as well. I was still a bit confused as to what was going on, but I shook off all of those thoughts, as I figured that I would get straight to the point, as I then began to speak up to him, after just a couple of moments of silence.
"Do you feel sick as well? I can get you some, tansy if so..." I said to him, as I blinked a few times, to make sure that he was okay. I was about to say catmint, as that was the cure for greencough, as I had used it to help Oisterfoot many moons ago, but at the same time, I realized that the clan did not have that luckily.
I shook my head, as I did my best to shake off all of those dark memories, as I stared at Venomtail for just a few moments. Venomtail seemed to have his eyes on the moon how ever, as I could see a little bit of a reflection of it, in his eyes at the same time as well.
I rolled my eyes, as I felt like he had not heard a word that I had said to him, as I let out a bit of a loud sigh at the same time too, as I was not sure what was going on with me, or what it was that I should do at the same time as well. I was a bit scared for some odd reason, but I just was not sure of what it was that I was so afraid of.
I opened my eyes, as I looked up above me once again, as I was about to join Venomtail in the fact that we were both staring up at the moon, but just as I was about to do that, I saw a flicker of move ment from the outside of camp. I looked around for a few moments, as I tried to see where it had come from.
I was worried if it might be intruders or perhaps an animal, but as I sniffed the air, I did not get any sort of strange scent at all how ever. I had to figure that it might be a cat that could not sleep like me either, or maybe even a cat sneaking out of camp, so that it could meet a cat in another clan.
I let out a sigh, as I was not sure why cats seemed to want to do that. Moonstar had made it clear that cats could not have a mate in another clan, and if they wanted to be with them, than they could just move to the other clan. A few cats had done so, but others seemed to not be able to make up their mind if they wanted to be in their clan, or they wanted their mate.
I stared at the exit to camp for just a few moments, as I suddenly saw the sparkle pop in to my vision once again. At first, I had thought it to be a shooting star, but I realized that it was not near the sky. I looked at it for a bit of time, as I leaned my head forward, to see what it was that I had seen move forward just a little bit.
I then saw it, as my heart stopped, as I began to shiver just a little bit. It was 4 cats, and not just any 4 cats either, as I looked at them. They all had smiles on thier faces, as they stared at me for just a bit of some time. I looked at each one of them, as one of them was Pintclaw.
The other 3 were, Brokenfoot, Nifty, and last, was my sister, as it seemed like she had not grown one bit in the last few moons. I stood there for a bit of time, as I was not sure what it was I should do. My thoughts went off of them for just the slightest bit of some time, as I heard the voice of Venomtail begin to speak.
"You can't sleep either huh? Its getting kind of crazy... So many cats in camp... Sick cats in your case..." He said to me. I stood there for a bit of some time, as I had heard what he said, but I had my eyes locked on the cats in front of me.
Venomtail seemed to be able to notice, that I did not have my thoughts on him at all at the current moment, as he let out a bit of a loud, and sad sigh. I knew that he felt alone, after the fact that he had lost his mate long before he had joined the clans, as it was a reason that he had joined the clans in the first place.
He did not want to be alone... I heard him begin to walk away at the same time as well. I was sure that he felt quite a bit alone right now, as he was the only elder in the elders den, as the clan was very young. I turned my head over to him, as I felt bad for him, as I spoke to him before he got too far away from me.
Venomtail kept on walking for just a few moments, but he then stopped him self, as he realized that I was speaking to him, as he turned his head over to me, and then he nodded to me, as he then began to listen as to what it was that I had to say to him.
"I am sorry Venomtail... You kind of caught me at a bad time..." I said to him. He dipped his head a bit low to the ground, as I could tell that he was still a bit sad, as I felt a bit bad for it, as I then continued to speak to him after a few more moments. "Its not your fault... If you need to talk, I might be open to it later... Have a good night though..."
Venomtail looked at me for a bit of some time, as he had his head down low for just a little bit longer, as I was not sure if he had heard what I had said to him once again. After a little while longer how ever, he did in fact nod to me, as he turned his head back around, and had his tail low to the ground as well, as he walked over to the elders den.
I let out a bit of a quiet sigh, as I knew that I could not please every one. I shook off those thoughts, as I then got back on to what it was that I had seen a few moments ago, as I looked over at the exit to camp. I luckily saw that all 4 of them were still there, as I suddenly felt just a little bit more safe.
I stared at all of them, as I then saw my sister nod to me, to my surprise. I tilted my head a little bit, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on. I then suddenly saw them begin to walk away, with their tails held high at the same time too, for some odd reason or another.
I blinked a few times, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on. I had a bit of a vivid memory all of the sudden come back to me, as to the day that my sister had died. They had nodded to me, as it was clear that they had wanted me to follow them. Were the trying to get me to do that now?
I stared there for just a few moments, as I was not sure what it was that I should do. A part of me wanted to follow them, as I knew that I was supposed to do some thing, if star clan was telling me to do it. At the same time too, I knew that there was a few sick cats that needed my help, and my attention, that I could not leave alone.
I was not sure where it was that they were trying to take me either. I shook my head, as I knew that there was only one place to go, at a time such as this one. I looked over to the leaders den, as I then nodded to my self, and then I began to head over to it at the exact same time as well.
As I got to the entrance, I could see Mintnose and Moonstar inside of it, as they were fast asleep. A part of me wanted to leave them that way, as I knew that it was rare when Moonstar was able to sleep, and I also knew that he needed that sleep too.
I shook my head though, as I went back on the thoughts that I had just seen my dead kin. I felt like they were trying to tell me some thing important, and I knew that I needed to follow them. I also knew that I needed to tell Moonstar about it as well, before I was to do so.
I knew that he would not be upset by it, as I knew that he would support me, but at the same time, I did not want to leave him hanging, and worried as to where it was that I had gone off too. I shook my head, as I stared at the both of them for just a little while longer.
I then let out a bit of a loud whisper, so that it would wake him, but at the same time too, it would not be loud enough to perhaps wake any of the cats that were asleep in the clan. I stood there for a bit of some time, as it seemed like I had not been loud enough, as they seemed to be standing still.
I was about to get a little bit louder, when suddenly I saw Mintnose lift her head up, as she had a bit of a confused look on her face, as to what it was that had woken her up in the middle of the night. She looked around for a few moments, until she spotted me at the entrance of their den.
I was not worried about her getting upset at it either, as I knew that she knew what it was like to be a medicine cat, as I had her help me from time to time. She nodded to me, as she it was clear that she knew what I was here for, as she pushed her mate just a bit, to wake him.
Moonstar stood there for a bit of some time, as he lifted him self up, and blinked a bit, as it was clear that he was a bit confused, just as his mate had been when I had woken her. He then saw as to what it was, as he looked over to the entrance of the leaders den.
He stared at me for a few moments, as he then nodded for me to come in to the den with them. I nodded back to them thankfully, happy that they had both understood as well, as I sat down beside the both of them. Moonstar got straight to the point as well, as he began to speak to me.
"What is it that wakes you at this time of night? Are you worried for the sick cats?" He said to me. I looked at him for just a few moments, as I was not sure as to how it was that I should respond to that. A part of what it was that he had said was in fact true, as it was the reason as to why it was that I was even awake in the first place.
At the same time though as well, it was not exactly the reason that I had woken them up at all. It was for a much different reason, as I was trying to think on what it was that it had even been. I stared through the exit of the den, as I saw a bit of a flicker of some light, then seemed to stir the memory back in to place.
I then turned my head over to Moonstar, as I then shook my head to him at the same time as well. I could tell that he was a bit confused, but I figured that I would get straight to the point, as I could tell that he was fairly tired. I stared at him for a few moments, as I then began to speak to him.
"No... Some thing much different... My sister came to me that day that you found me stealing your prey... She took me too you... She is back again... I think that she is trying to take me somewhere..." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, as I could tell that he was a bit surprised by it.
Moonstar looked at me for just a few moments, as he then turned his head over to the exit of camp that was out side of then den, as to the spot that I had seen them come from just a little while ago. It was as if he could see them at the same time as well, which would not surprise me at all.
Moonstar often had these sorts of powers that I had seen from him, that I was always surprised about, but I never could quite grasp as to what it was that those powers were. I saw him looking up for just a little bit longer, until after a bit more time had passed along, he finally then turned his head back over to me.
He then nodded to me at the same time too, as I could tell that he fully under stood as to what it was that I was getting at. I knew that he too had seen Starclan, as it was the reason he brought the clans back in the first place, and the reason that he had gotten his 9 lives as well.
He had a bit of a sad smile on his face, as I knew that I had not told him about the fact that they had brought me too them, but I had told him the story of what had happened to them. He dipped his head low after a little bit longer, and then he began to speak as well, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me too.
"I support you in it... If you think that is the case... Than you should go..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I had a bit of a shocked look on my face for some reason, although I was not sure as to why, as I knew that he was going to support me in this either way.
I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, as I was very grateful to him, as I knew that he was a great leader. I was not so sure about the other leaders, but I was not worried about them, as long as he was the leader my clan. I let out a bit of a smile after a few more moments as well, as I was happy that he had understood as to what it was that I had been getting at.
I turned my head back over to the exit of the camp, where I had seen all of them staring at me not too long ago. I stared at it for a few more moments, as I then shook my head at the same time too. I turned my head back over to Moonstar, after a little while longer, and I then nodded to him, as I began to speak to him.
"Thank you Moonstar, you are a great leader... I love you..." I said to him, in a bit more of a friendly way, rather than a mate, as I knew that I was a medicine cat, and I was not allowed to have mates. I turned my head to Mintnose at the same time too, as I made sure that she did not get the wrong idea. She did not seem to be too worried about it, but I could tell that she was a bit out of it, as she was so tired. I shook my head, as I then decided to speak to her. "Mintnose, I am going to need you to take care of the clan while I am gone... I am not sure how long it will be."
Mintnose stood there for a bit of some time, as she was a bit out of it, but she at the very least, nodded to me, to let me know that she had heard what it was that I had just said to her. I let out a bit of a sigh of relief, as I then turned my head back to the exit of the camp.
I stared at it for a bit of some time, as I then began to walk forward, as I was worried that they might have gotten too far ahead of me, and I might not be able to catch up. As I began to walk out of the den, I heard the voice of Moonstar, as I turned my head over to him, to hear what it was that he had to say.
"Be safe Limpfoot... I love you too..."