Chapter 10: Trouble...

I looked at my sister for just a few moments, as this time, I did not even dare look back at my mother, as I feared for all of us, if she was to find out about this. We would all get in a lot of trouble, and we would probably be locked up in a room for a couple of days as well.
I was lucky that she had not looked up and seen me at this point, and I did not want to test that out any more further, as I then made up my mind, as I gave a look at all of the cats that were with me, as I had nothing but fear, in my eyes, and on my face.
No one said anything at all though, as I could tell that they were all just as afraid as I was right now. But for them, it was for a much different reason than it was for me. I knew that we all realized the same thing, that if our mother was to catch us, than it could spell the end for us, and it could get Nut in a lot of trouble as well.
I shook my head, as I suddenly began to realize, what it was that needed to be done. I stared down at the ground, one last time, but this time I did not hesitate at all, because I knew what it would mean if I did so. I blinked just a few times however, as I then suddenly made up my mind.
I jumped, as I listened to what it was that Nut had said at the same time too. He had told me to protect my fall, with my tail, and to be truthful, I was not so sure as to what he had meant by that at all, but for some reason it felt as if it was some sort of natural instinct inside of me, when I jumped down.
I used my tail to control as to where it was that I was landing, and how I was going to land with my paws, and my legs. I hit the ground, and much like my brother Pike, and unlike my sister Gift had done, I landed down without any sort of a slip up.
My sister, as I could tell, was very surprised by it, as I saw her squint her eyes, almost as if she was now jealous of me for once, and not me having it be vice versa. I had a big smile on my face, as I could tell that my brother, Pike, was also just as proud of me, as I was.
I looked over at Nut, as he did not seem to have the same mind set as the rest of us did, as I saw that he still had quite the scared look in his eyes. I stared at him for a few moments, as I was a bit confused, as to what it was that was going on with him.
At the exact same time though, I also then realized as to what it was, as I saw that he was staring at the area of the fence that I was on, as if I had not jumped down in the first place. My brother, and my sister seemed to have no clue as to what was going on at the exact moment.
I knew what it was though, as I remembered that our mother had just been on the other side of the fence that Nut was currently at. My brother and my sister seemed to be a fair bit confused too, until Nut began to speak to us, but quietly, as if he was worried that our mother might hear him.
"Hurry up! We must get inside before your mother finds us!" He said to us, as I then nodded in response as to what he had just said. My sister, and my brother then realized what it was that he had said at the same time too. As I instantly noticed the scared look on both of their faces, as they knew what was in store for us, if we were caught.
They both turned their heads over to Nut, as if they were looking for some kind of help, for some way out of the situation that we were in at the exact moment. I felt a bit bad for Nut as well, as I knew that it must be very stressful for him, what was going on at the moment at least.
Nut shook his head, as he squinted his eyes at all of us, and then he suddenly began to run across the yard. All of us looked at each other, a bit confused as to what he was doing, and then we looked over at him, as I saw him stop right next to the cat flap door.
He then nodded to all of us, and it did not take much longer after that, for us to understand as to what it was that he was getting at. My sister was the first one to run, just as he had done, and seeing her do so as well, it did not take very long for my brother, and I, to do the same.
We stopped, right at the front door, just as Nut had done. I looked around for a few moments, a bit confused as to where my sister, and Nut had gone. I was in such an adrenaline rush when I had been running, that I had not seen where it was that they had gone.
I was wheezing and the same time, as it was a bit hard on me, the way that I had just ran, as I had never had to do that in my entire life. I saw that my brother was gasping for breath as well, but it was not nearly as bad for him, as it was for me.
I looked at my brother for a few moments, as I was not sure what to do now, since Nut was gone, and he was the one that had led all of us in to this. Pike looked at me for just a few moments, and then he nodded to me, as he began to speak.
"The others went inside Limp... We need to do the same, our mother should be at the spot at any second now." I realized now, that what he had said was right, and I was not sure how I had not been smart enough to realize as to where it was that they had gone.
It had been clear that Nut had wanted us to get inside, based off of him getting us down from the fence, and running up to the door. I knew that he was scared right now as well, because our mother had always told us to not go out of the house, unless it was to make dirt, because the litter was full.
I knew at the same time, if she was to find out, that it was her that had gotten us to go outside, than he would get in a lot of trouble from her. It was crazy, as sometimes she would act like she was the one that had let him into our home, rather than have it be the other way around.
I shook my head, as Pike went ahead and walked through the door flap, and I did the same thing as well, right behind him. I spun my head around, to see if our mother was right behind us, and maybe she had seen it, but luckily for us, that was not the case.
I stared out through the door for a few moments, until Nut suddenly pushed up against me, to move me out of the way. I looked at him for a few moments, as I was a bit surprised, and a bit confused as to what it was that he had just done to me.
I did not know whether or not to be angry at what it was that he had just done, or if I should be hurt by it. I just stared at him for a few moments though, as I was not sure what to say, as he shook his head at me, and then he began to speak, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me, with a sad look on my own face.
"Get back! All of you leave! You can't be just standing at the door... Or else she will really think that something was suspicious..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I was still a bit hurt, until I realizes what it was that he had just said.
I then nodded to him, as he nodded back to me, happy that I had understood what it was that he was getting at. I looked over at my brother and my sister, as I could tell that they had not understood what it was that he had said.
They were clearly just as surprised as I had first been, that he had just pushed me over. My brother looked like he was going to hiss, and fight him, which was even more of a surprise to me, as I knew how much he really liked Nut.
It made me feel a bit better at the same time to, that he really did care about me that much. I shook my head though, as I knew that was not what I should be thinking about at the same time as well, as I then turned my eyes over to Gift.
Gift was still a bit surprised by all of it, but I could tell that she was not sure what to do. I blinked a few times, as I could tell that both of then were still not getting what it was that he had just said to me, so I went ahead and began to talk to them.
"Guys! He is right... We need to get back, if our mother finds out that we were out there, we are going to get in a lot of trouble..." I said to them. They looked at ne for just a few moments, as they both blinked a few times, as it still did not seem that they understood what I had just said.
They looked at each other a bit confused for a few moments, as they were not so sure what was going on at the moment. The stared each other down, as if they were about to fight each other, and then they eventually nodded, as Gift turned her head back over to me, and then she began to respond to what I had just said a few moments ago.
"You are right Limp... We cant get caught, or else we will be in a lot of trouble..."