Chapter 13: The Other Room

I looked at Nut for a few seconds, as I was a bit surprised by what he had just said to me at the same time as well. It was really the first time, that any cat had said anything as nice as that to me. It came as a bit of a shock to me as I first began to take it in.
I stared at him, in his eyes, as it almost had seemed like I had seen a star shine by at the same time as well. I was a bit lost for a few seconds, as I was stuck in a bit of a gaze with him. I had a big smile on my face as well, as I was not sure what to say back to him.
Unlike both my sister, Gift, and my brother, Pike, I was never really all that close with Nut. They seemed to follow Nut around, like a tic whenever he was at the den. He did not seem to mind it at all either, as he seemed to pay them no attention at all.
He never really spoke to me all that much, and it was a rare occasion when we ever spoke to one another, which was a lot of the reason that I was so shocked by what he had just said to me, and I was not sure how to handle it, at the same time either.
I stood there for a bit longer, as I could no longer keep my eyes locked with his any more. I looked away from him, and down at the ground. I felt like he had only said that to make me feel just a bit better as well, too. I wondered if he actually believed what it was that he had just said to me.
I shook my head at the same time, as I did my best to try not to think about it any longer. I blinked just a couple of times, as I looked over at my brother and sister as well, as I wondered if my sister had been paying any sort of attention to what Nut had just said to me as well.
It was mainly because, I knew that she was easy to get jealous of another cat, and I was worried that she would be the same with me, as he had not said it to either Gift or Pike. As I looked at my brother and my sister however, it seemed like they were in a different world.
I was not as worried about my brother, as he cared for me very closely, but it did not seem like my sister was paying any attention as to what had been said just a few moments ago. She seemed to be a bit lost in her own train of thought at the exact moment.
I looked away from the both of them, as I then turned my head to my mother at the same time too. I was not expecting to see her as hurt as my brother and my sister were about this, but I at least thought that she and Nut were still friends, even if Nut had always wanted a bit more than that.
The look on the face of my mother, came as a bit of a surprise to me however, as I saw that she had her eyes squinted at us, as she continued to turn her head around at the same time as well. It was as if she felt as if we were hiding something from her.
I was a bit confused as to what it was that was going on with her, until I did in fact remember that we actually were hiding something from her. I quickly began to grow a bit nervous, as I looked away from her, to make sure that the look on my face did not give anything away.
I looked over at Nut instead, as I saw a bit of a happy look on his face, as he looked at each one of us. At the same time though, I saw that there was a bit of a hurt, and sad look on his face at the same time as well, as it was clear that he was not happy with all of this.
I felt a bit bad for him, as he was a good looking cat, and he was one of the most nice, and sweet cats that I had ever met, but for some reason, my mother never felt the same about him. Now we all were going to be leaving, and I was not sure if he was really more hurt at the fact that me and my kin were going to be leaving, or if it was the fact that my nother was leaving.
Either way, I still felt a bit of pain from him, as I looked away from him at the same time, as I just looked down at the ground, and then I closed my eyes at the same time too. I sat there for a bit of time, as I thought about what it was that I had heard my mother and Nut say to each other a few moments ago.
I had heard all about the fact that she was going to be taking us to another two leg place, to go live with another tom cat, that she had met, and from what I had to assume, she had also fallen in love with him as well. I kept my eyes closed, as I imagined what the cat was going to be like.
I had a bit of some fear that he was going to be mean to me and my brother and sister, but at the same time, I knew that I should not be going in to it, with that sort of thought, and that I should keep an open mind when I met him as well.
For all I knew, he could be a very nice cat, and he really could be my mothers soul mate. I looked back up at Nut, as I still felt quite a bit bad for him, but I shook my head at the same time as well, as I knew that was not where my head should be at right now.
I was about to enter a whole new chapter in my life, and I should be excited about it, rather be in hurt and pain like my brother and sister were. I should not worry about Nut either, and I felt like I had a bit of some doubt that my brother and sister would go to see Nut after all of this, once they met our mothers new mate.
I felt like they would get over it, and move on quite a bit quick. I still felt a bit bad for Nut, but I knew that I should not keep it in my head for too long, as I then looked away from him at the same time as well, and back down to the ground, as the room stayed quite a bit silent for some more time.
I stared there for a bit longer, as my mind was drawing a bit of a blank as well too. Maybe it was not a bad thing either. I shook my head though, as I then suddenly heard the voice of my mother, and I could tell that she was a bit angry as well, just based off of the tone of her voice.
"Nut... My kits have the smell of grass... Why is that so? It does not surprise me that you have it, but for all of them to? I feel like there is something you are not telling me... I know you can smell it too..." My mother said over to Nut. Nut instantly turned his head over to my mother, as he looked to be in quite a bit of shock.
I was a bit surprised as well, as I saw from the corner of my eye, that both my brother and my sister had turned their heads over to our mother as well, as they looked to be a bit scared. I knew why as well, as we all knew that we had been caught.
It was what we had all feared for the worse, as we knew how strict our mother was, and how we would get in to a lot of trouble if we did not abide by her specific set of rules. One of those rules happened to be the exact one that we had broken.
Word for word, she had said to all of us, "Do not go out in the yard, unless the litter box is too full, or it is completely empty, and you need to make dirt." I knew why that was as well, as she did not want us to go out of the fence, to go play around, or try to explore.
I knew that it was for our own safety, but at the same time too, I felt that Nut was also right, when he had told us that we needed to go and see what the world was at least like outside of our little two leg place. I also felt a bit of a strange sensation going around the room at the same time.
Nut must have known that we were going to be leaving this whole time, as I saw that the news that my mother had told him, it seemed to hurt him, a lot more than it surprised him. I was sure that he knew the day was coming today, as our mother had probably already told him about it.
That had been the reason that he had taken us outside, as he wanted us to see what the world was like, before we went off to some other place, where we might not get to have that chance. I was quite a bit proud for Nut as well, as he was a brave cat for doing that, against our mothers will.
We all knew how angry our mother could get, if we did something that she did not want us to do. I looked over at my brother and sister as well, as I could tell that they too were quite a bit scared, as both of them were shivering.
I shook my head though at the same time however, as I looked over Nut and my mother, as Nut had his head a bit low to the ground still. He kept in there for a little while, as he finally decided to begin to speak to our mother, in a bit of an embarrassed tone of voice however as well, as I also listened to what his response was to her.
"I-I- Im sorry Nifty... I just felt like they needed to see what it was like one time before they went to go to your new home... You said they should choose their own decision by themselves when they get older." He said to our mother. I looked at him, as I nodded to myself, as it was quite a bit wise what he had said to her. My mother did not seem to be having any of it though, as she had her eyes squinted at him. Nut continued to speak to her, after a little bit of silence went in to the room. "We did not go any further than the fence... I swear on it."
I looked at Nut, as I felt quite a bit bad for him as well. I knew that if we all were really leaving with our mother, than this would not be a good way to end their friendship that they had for such a long time. I stared at my mother for a bit more time, as she just kept her eyes squinted at Nut.
Not a word came out of her mouth for quite some time. It made every cat in the room very nervous as well. My brother, and my sister seemed to be very scared, as though they had not seemed to get that it was actually Nut, who was the one that was in the most trouble.
We all just stood there for a bit more time however, as not a single cat said a word. I began to shiver, as it suddenly felt a bit cold in the room, at the same time too. After a bit longer though, our mother then blinked a few times, as she finally began to respond to Nut.
"Oh Nut... Maybe you are right... I am glad that you are so close to my kits. I do love you Nut." She began to say to Nut. Nut had a bit of a surprised smile at what she had just said to him, that was up until the last part, where he dipped his head to the ground, as it was clear that he was a bit hurt. Our mother shook her head, and then looked over at all 3 of us, and began to speak. "I have to speak to Nut privately... You 3 go to the other room."