Chapter 9: Come On!

I sat there for just a few more seconds, as I began to clear my thoughts from that memory that seemed like so long ago, but was really no more than a few days old. I looked around, as I could see that my brother and my sister were freaking out.
I had nearly forgotten what had been going around, until I looked over at Nut, and I saw the look on his face. I recalled the memory that I had just had, for a second, and I then had a bit of a new found respect for the cat. I began to understand why my brother, Pike, and my sister, Gift, had such high regards for him.
He had stood up for me, in front of his best friend. It was quite a brave, and a nice thing to do. I closed my eyes for just a couple of seconds, once again, as I wanted to shake out all of those thoughts. I knew that my mom did not have the highest regards for me.
I sometimes wondered if she even loved me. She treated Pike and Gift a lot nicer than she treated me. I wanted to shake off those thoughts, and try to say that it could not be true, but I did often wonder if it in fact was. It made sense why Pike was so nice to me as well, he could see it in our mother.
I felt sick, like I was going to vomit on the top of the fence, that I was standing on. I opened my eyes, as I tried my best to try to clear out all of those thoughts at the same time too. I looked over at Nut right away as well, as I heard him begin to speak to me.
"Limp! Hurry! We are running out of time!" I heard him say to me. It then began to hit me at the same time, as to what it was that he had been talking about. I began to shiver, as I knew that if our mother found out, than she would not be happy at all.
I still was a bit hesitant, as I looked back at our mother, as I saw her drawing closer and closer to the place, by each passing moment. We were lucky at the fact that she had not looked up, and seen us at this point as well. If I was not so scared, than we would be safe.
I turned my head back around, as I looked at the others, at the same time as well. I saw them beginning to get more and more freaked out at each passing moment. I knew that we would have a lot more than just a few stern words, if she found us.
That was the type of cat that our mother was. She would go out of her way, to prove a point to us. I did not want to get us caught, but as I looked down below me, I got scared at the big fall. It looked even bigger than it had, just a few moments ago.
I sat there for a bit more time, as I then looked over at my brother, as I heard him begin to speak to me. I was thankful for it as well, as anything to get my eyes, and my mind off of the drop below me, would make ne happy. I sat there for just a few seconds, as I then listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Come on Limp! Hurry! You saw us do it! Just use your tail, it will help guide you on your way down!" He said to me. I looked at him for just a few moments, as I thought back on where I had heard that from. Brokenfoot had told me about it, and she had the same walking problem as I.
I blinked a few times, as I saw a bit of a sad smile, on the face of my brother, as he then nodded to me. I sat there for a few moments, as it seemed to relax me at the same time too. He looked just like Pintclaw, it was not even funny to look at.
I then looked down at the ground below me, as I did my best to ignore the ugly look on the face of my sister. I stared at it for just a few moments, as I blinked once again. I sat there for a bit longer, as the field of view seemed to zoom in just a but of me.
I began to relax myself, and calm down, as I thought back on those days for just a few seconds, as the memory felt like so long ago, as it was one of the last memories that I had with them at the same time as well.

I stared there for just a few seconds, as I sniffed the bit of flower that Brokenfoot had told me about. She had said that it was good for helping cats with a bad cough. I enjoyed being around her, as I knew that my brother and my sister were a bit more fond of Pintclaw.
Brokenfoot told me all of the stories about her being some sort of cat that saved lives, and treated the wounds of cats. It sounded a lot more interesting, and a lot more needed than a cat that just did hunting. Brokenfoot had told me that there were many cats in the clan that did that.
She told me that there was just 1 cat in the clan, that saved the lives of cats, like her. If the clans still existed now, than that was the role that I wanted to have. The odds of my brother, or my sister getting to job as leader, seemed slim to none for me.
My brother was strong, and I am sure that he would be a good warrior, but I do not think that a leader would want him as deputy, if he got in to a lot of fights, and let cats get under his skin so easily, such as my sister seemed to be able to do.
My sister I had very little doubt that she would get that kind of job. She was nothing but a trouble maker, I did not think that any leader would want that as a deputy. I shook my head, as I remembered why I had even been here in the first place.
My brother and my sister were running around in the other room, making a racket, and playing around. Any normal kit would want to be a part of that kind of fun, but it sure did not seem like I was one of those kits. I blinked a few times, as I looked back up at Brokenfoot.
She sniffed the flower once again, as I saw that it brought quite the joy to her face, as I could see that there was a bit of sadness in that joy, which I had assume was her thinking back on the days that she had been a medicine cat in the clans.
I closed my eyes for just a few seconds once again, as I thought about what it would have been like, if the clans had still been around today. Maybe my mother would have been a lot more of a much happier cat, than it seemed as she was right now.
I would one day be an apprentice, to my grand mother, Brokenfoot. I could only imagine her teaching me a lot more things than we had on hand right now. It put a bit of a sad smile on my face, as I thought about what it could have be like.
I then looked down at the ground, a bit sadly, as I knew that if the clans were still here right now, than neither I, nor my brother and sister would be alive right now. Pintclaw and Brokenfoot seemed to always remind us of that each time they told us about what it was like back then.
I knew that if they had still had the clans, our mother would never had been conceived. A medicine cat, as I had been told, was not allowed to fall in love, or have any kits, as it would take their job away, as a medicine cat if that was to be so.
I looked back up at Brokenfoot, as I saw the smile on her face. I knew that she loved Pintclaw with all of her heart, but I also knew that if she could take the clans back right now, than she would not hesitate to do so. Brokenfoot sat there for just a bit more time, until she then realized that I was still in the room with her.
She looked at me for just a few moments, and then she dipped her head to me, with a bit of a sad expression on her face. I blinked a few times, as I felt a bit bad for her as well. I then listened to what it was that she had to say to me too, as she had begun to speak to me.
"Remember, that herb is used to help a sick cat, if they have a really bad cough." She said to me. I sat there for a few seconds, as I was still a bit lost in thought. I then suddenly took in what it was that she had just said to me at the same time as well.
I looked at her for a bit longer, and then I nodded to her, to let her know that I had heard what it was that she had just said to me. She looked at me for just a bit more time, and then I saw that she could not help, but crack just the slightest bit of a smile on her face.
It made me smile a bit at the same time too, as it reminded me, how much I really did truly love to be around her. I then lowered my head a bit to the ground at the same moment too, as I was a bit sad for some odd reason or another.
It did not take long for Brokenfoot to come over to me, and to lift my head up with her paw, such as she normally tended to do. I knew what it was that she was going to say to me, so I went ahead and spoke my thoughts before she had the chance to say anything about it.
"Do you think that the clans will ever come back Brokenfoot?" I asked her. She looked at me for just a few seconds, as I could tell that she was quite a bit surprised to have heard that come out of my mouth. I could tell that she was not sure how to respond to it right off of the fly.
She sat there for a bit longer, with a bit of a blank expression on her face. I could tell that she was doing her best to try to not think too deep into it, but in the end, her thoughts seemed to get the best of her, as I saw her lower her head back down to the ground.
I did not mean for her to get sad, but I could tell that it was in fact the case, based off of the sad little look the she had on her face. It made me feel a bit sad at the same time as well, as I too then lowered my head to the ground, such as she had just done.
I knew that even in the stories that she and Pintclaw had told us about the clans, she was a lot more sad to tell us about the memories that she had back in the clans. I was just about to close my eyes as well, until I heard her then begin to speak to me.
"No Limp... I do not think that the clans will ever come back. The clans fell apart because many cats refused to believe in the ways of the Starclan cats. It has been too long, and soon no cat will ever remember Starclan, they will cease to exist..." She said to me. I looked at her for a few moments, with a sad look on my face, as to what she had just said to me.
I believed in the Starclan cats, at least I thought I did... Maybe there was still a chance, and maybe there was still some sort of hope left. I blinked a few times, as I knew that was not true... What was I going to do, or how was it even possible for me to do so?
I shook my head a bit sadly at the same time too. As I kept my head down low on to the ground. This time Brokenfoot did not come over to help lift up my head. I knew why as well... She could not even lift up her own, so it was impossible for her to help me.
I managed to lift my head up by myself somehow, as I then looked at my sad grandmother, as it seemed based off of the lining that was on her face, that she was getting older and older as each day passed. I wish that I could say the same for myself.
Even though I loved my brother and my sister, I still could not wait to be out on my own, and to make my own decisions. It was kind of annoying as well, how often they got into arguments and fights as well. I just could not wait to get away from all of that.
It was also my mother that I wanted to get away from as well. She was never nice to me, and every time that I was around her, she always would remind me that I was the scrap kit of her litter. It hurt me, but at the same time it also gave me some sort of motive, to prove her wrong.
I blinked just a few times, as I then locked my eyes with Brokenfoot, I could tell that she was still sad, but seeing her lock eyes with me, I could tell that it brought a bit of a smile on to her own face. I kept that smile as well, as I then began to speak back to her.
"Well... As long as I believe in Starclan, than some day I will have my own kits, and I will teach them the story of those cats as well." I said back to her. She looked at me with a bit of a grin on her face. I tilted my head a bit confused at why she had done so.
It seemed as though she had thought of what I had just said to her, as though it was some sort of joke. I was a bit confused by it at the same time too. I could tell that she was about to say something back to me as well, but I heard a cat speak to me, from just behind me.
Brokenfoot then stopped where she had stood at, and she nodded to the cat, for it to go ahead and say what it was that it was about to say. I turned around to see who the cat was, and I was a bit disappointed to see it be my sister, Gift. I listened to what it was that she had to say to me anyways.
"Come on Limp! You have been so boring today! Why don't you come and play chase the tail with me and Pike?" She said to me. I looked at her for a bit, as I squinted my eyes at her. She did not seem to care about that at all, or what it was that I had been doing with Brokenfoot either.
I was a bit annoyed by it at the same time too, as I was about to say to her, no, but I heard the voice of Brokenfoot begin to speak up from behind me. I looked over to her at the same time too, as I listened to what it was that she had to say.
"It's okay Limp... Go play with your Pike and Gift... But remember the herbs that I told you before... I am going to test you on it!" She said to me. I looked at her for just a few moments, and then I nodded to her at the same time as well.
I could tell that she did not want to speak on any of what it was that we had been talking about, any longer. I was not going to try and push her either... If she did not want to say anything about it, than she did not have to do so at all.
I nodded to her, as I then looked over at my sister at the same time too. She began to speak to me, but when she spoke, she did not say the same words that I seemed to have remembered in the memory, which were, "Ew herbs? That sounds lame..." But she instead said to me.
"Hurry up Limp! Before she catches us!" She said. I looked at her a bit confused for just a few moments, as to what it was that she had just been talking about. I blinked a few times at the same time too, as I was quite a bit lost on what was going on.
All of the sudden though, the memory all of the sudden went black, as if it had not been there in the first place. I sat there for just a few seconds, as I realized that the memory was now gone, as everything seemed to lighten up for me, and I was back in the present time.

I looked around for just a few seconds, as I wondered what it was that was going on in the first place. I spotted my mother from behind me, and she was a lot closer than she had just been a few seconds ago. I turned my head back around as I heard my sister then speak to me again.
"Limp! Come on!"