Chapter 21: Your Decision

I looked at my mother for a few moments, as I had a bit of a blank look on my face, such as Gift did as well. For her it was a different reason, as I knew that she was purposely trying to show little emotion, so that our mother knew that she was not happy with the fact that we had left Nut.
I shivered at the same time as well, as the thought of this new life was starting to scare me a bit, suddenly. Our life had been fine before now, and I was not sure why we had to move away from a good life, just because our mother had fallen in love with another cat.
I too, much like Gift, kind of wished that our mother had just let us stay, if she was going to go after another cat. I was just not too sure if Nut would have let us stay. I wish I could tell Gift that I felt at least, that Nut was only nice to us, so that he looked good for our mother.
I was not sure if that was factual though at all. He had taken us out, and at least shown us what the woods looked like, for the first time in our lives. I knew that he knew that Nifty was talking to him about leaving. If he did not care for us, than he would not have gone out to show us what it was like.
I shook my head, as I did my best to let all of those thoughts die down, from out of my head, as I continued to stare back at Nifty, as I could kind of see a bit of a guilty look on her face. It kind of felt oddly suspicious to me too, as I was not sure why she would be like that, if she had said that she was taking us to a good, and a better new home.
I felt a bit sick, as I turned my head behind us, one last time, as I thought back on our old home. Sure, I could run off, and try to get back, like I felt like Gift might do at some point. I doubt that I could actually find the way back there for one thing.
I was afraid for what this new life had for us, as I looked over at my brother at the same time too. I saw that he had a bit of a sad look on his own face, as I knew that he was just like me and Gift right now, as we were thinking back on all of the good times, that we had with one another at our old home.
Sure, even if it was a lot of fighting and bickering, they were still memories. We had, sad enough to make me even think back on it as well, had buried our grand parents in the yard. It was just about one of the only times that Nifty had ever let us go out of our home.
We weren't just leaving our home, and Nut, which I was sure where most of Gifts thoughts stood at right now. We were leaving our entire past, and all of our memories with us, and that was what really hurt me the most. I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, as I saw that Pike had noticed me, and he went over to me, to sooth me just a little bit.
At the moment, I was not sure if I wanted that, but I also knew that I could not just push him away. He had always been there for me, and out of all of the cats I was with right now, I could truly say that he was the one that cared for me, the most out of the rest of them.
Pike held on to me for just a little bit longer, as he then pushed my head up, so that we could lock eyes with one another. We stared in to each others soul for a few moments, until I finally heard Pike begin to speak to me at the same time too, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Every thing is going to be fine... I know it is scary, and it is sad to lose all that we had before... But we need this step, and in the end, we need to make our own decisions for our future." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I saw an orange tom cat in front of my brother, rather than he who had just spoken.
I looked at the cat for a few moments, as I saw that it had stars all over its fur, and I also felt like I had seen a cat just like this one before. I shivered a bit, as I was not sure what it meant, or who it was that the cat was, that was in front of me, and had just spoken to me in the first place.
I then blinked a few times, as the cat that was there, then disappeared within the blink of an eye. It was just Pike, and he was staring at me for a bit of some time, as I could tell that he was in quite a bit of pain too, even though he had said that, to make me feel just a little bit better.
I felt like, he had also said it, to make him self feel better about all that was going on around us at the current moment in time. I tilted my head, as I went back on what it was that he had in fact said to me, no more than a few moments ago.
My future... I still was not sure what it was, but as I remembered Nut showing us what the woods looked like. It was the best thing that I had ever seen, and it was better than I had even imagined, after the stories that Brokenfoot, and Pintclaw used to tell me about them.
I shook my head, as I also knew that there was still a bit of time until I could make that decision, as our mother had told us that we were not allowed to make that choice, until 12 full moons had passed, and we were back at the season that we had been birthed at.
I let out a bit of a sigh, as I saw that Gift was listening to us, as she no longer had her head to the ground. I did my best to ignore her, and keep my thoughts on Pike, as I nodded to him, to let him know that I was about to speak. He nodded back to me, as I then began to respond to what it was that he had said to me a few moments ago.
"You are right..." I said to him, as he let put a bit of a smile on his face too, as soon as I had said it. I went up to him, and we began to rub fur with each other one more time. I then shook my head after all of that, and I turned my head over to Gift, and I began to speak to her as well. "Pike is right Gift... We have to come in to this with an open mind set... So... Lets go..."
I felt a bit scared, after I had just said that to her, as I was not sure how she was going to take, what it was that I had just now said to her. She had a bit of a blank look on her face, as I knew that she had heard what it was that I had just said to her, but she was just not sure how she was going to comprehend all of it.
I moved back, as I was afraid that she was going to jump at me, with her claws out, like she often tended to do when she got mad at me. She did not hurt me that badly, ever, but she always gave me a bit of a rough scratch, as it was usually her way of proving a point to me.
Gift did not run at me at all though, as I saw her dip her head low to the ground once again. I felt a bit bad for her still, but at the same time too, I was starting to get a little bit annoyed, as I knew that we were wasting a fair bit of our time, at the exact same moment as well.
I stared at her for a bit longer, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I turned my head back over to our mother, who I saw was staring at us, with a bit of a blank look on her own face, as I could tell that she was lost in her head, at the exact moment.
I was not sure what to do, as I could see that the sun was starting to dip a bit low in the sky, just as it had been yesterday. Luckily enough for us however, we were right near our new home, so to say, so there was not all that much that we needed to be worried about.
I began to shiver, as a breeze flew past us. I saw that the other 2 that were with me, did the same as I did as well. I blinked a few times, as I had forgot what it was that we were talking about, and all that was going on, at the exact same time as well.
I stared at Gift, for just a little while longer, as I saw that she was the one with her head to the ground. I knew that she was still hurt by it all, but I also knew that she was going to have to get over it at some point. It then hit me as to what it was that me and Pike had just said, as I blinked at the thought of it.
We had been talking about our new home, and how it was going to be fine, at least, that was the hope. If Gift wanted to try to go back to Nut, in a long time from now, I am sure that our mother would show her the way back to his home.
I was sure that she would be over it at that point though, as it did not take her all that long to get over stuff like that, as she was not usually, to my surprise for a cat like her, one to hold things against you. She did not think too much on the past, and I some times wished that I could be like her as well.
I shook my head, as I took those thoughts out of my head at the exact same time as well, as I then heard the voice of my brother Pike, as he stepped up to the both if us, as it was clear that both me and Gift were lost in thought at the moment. He then began to speak to Gift and me, at the same moment, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to us 2.
"Come on... Lets go... We need to be ready for our mother... This is hard on her too, I am sure." He said to us. I looked at him for a few moments, as I was not sure if that were true at all. It was her mate, that we were moving a long ways away, to live at.
I felt like she would be a lot more excited, rather than she would be hurt by all of this, even if she was close friends with Nut. I turned my head to Nifty, at the exact same time as well, as I saw that she had her head a bit low to the ground, such as Gift had hers, just a few moments ago.
Gift was well aware with all that was going on now, as I saw that her head was up, and her eyes were squinted at our mother, though I knew that Nifty was not paying any sort of attention, and she could not see that her daughter Gift, was doing so in the first place.
I felt bad for the both of them, as I felt bad for all of us at the current moment. At first, I had thought that Pike was truly excited for all of this, as I had seen that he had a smile over the past few days, and be had his head up. I now was beginning to realize that he was only enjoying the view, and all of the places that we were going past.
I kind of wished that I had been like him as well, as I wish that I had been as happy as he was, rather than be like Gift, and be hurt, and sad, and lost in my own thoughts. I realized that I was also, at the same time, doing what it was, that I did not want to do in the first place.
I shook my head, as I looked at both Gift and Pike, for just a couple of moments, as I then saw that Gift drew close to the both of us, as to my surprise, for the first time, that I had ever seen as such, from her, she came close to the both of us, and then began to rub her fur with the both of ours.
It felt good, as I was not expecting a thing such as that, from my sister. We stood there for a bit of time, as we enjoyed each others company, as Gift just as soon as she had done so, moved back from us. I blinked a few times, as she then nodded to us, and then she began to speak, as I made sure to listen to what it was that she had to say to both me, and Pike.
"I am sorry for all that I did to the both of you... You are both right... Lets go... I am ready..." She said to us. I looked at her, as I was a bit shocked by that, coming from her as well, as I was not sure how to take in what it was that she had said just now, to the both of us.
I blinked a few times, as none of it felt true at all to me. I looked over at Pike as well, as he seemed to be just as surprised as I was. He then let out a bit of a smile on his face, as it seemed like he was happy with what it was that Gift had said just now.
I looked at him, a bit confused, and a bit lost on all that was going on. I saw big smiles on both of their faces how ever, as it seemed like they were both now excited for what was coming up next for the both of us. I shook off all of the thoughts that were swarming through my mind at the current moment, as it was a lot for me to take in.
I shook my head, as I then heard the both of them begin to laugh, as it seemed like they were playing around. I was confused by it for a few moments, until I then decided that I was going to do the same with them. We laughed with one another for quite a bit of time as well.
Eventually, the both of them began to feel a bit sick, and woozy, such as I did from jumping around in excitement. Pike shook his head, as he let out a bit of a loud sigh, at the exact same time as well. I turned my head over to him, as I was a bit confused by it.
Pike looked at the both of us for a little while, as I saw a sad look, but also a bit of a happy look on his face, as he stared at the both of us. He then nodded to both me and Pike, at the same time as well, as he began to speak to us, at the same time as well, me and Gift nodded back to him, as we listened to what it was that he had to say.
"Alright... Lets go to our mother... She is waiting for us." He said to us. I looked at him for just a little bit longer, as I blinked a few times, once again, as I then turned my head over to Nifty, who I saw still had her head to the ground, as she was not all that far away from us, at the exact same time too.
I knew that she had heard what it was that we had said to one another, the question really was, if she was paying attention to what it was that had been said in the first place. I shook my head, as I shook off those thoughts at the same time as well.
We all stood there for a bit of time, as I waited for Pike to step in front of us, and do what it was that he had said we needed to do, but it was not the case at all. One of us did step in the front, and begin to head over to our mother, Nifty, but it was not the cat that I had expected to do so at all.
Gift began to head over to Nifty, as she had a bit of a smile on her face, all at the same time of doing it, which was also a very big surprise to me, as I knew that Gift had not been happy at all, with Nifty's decision, over the last 2 days, of us taking a very long walk, over to our new home.
I blinked a few times, as I saw that Pike had nodded, as he too then began to head over to Nifty, just as he had told me to do. I stood there for a little bit longer, as I was not all that sure with all that was going on at the current moment, as it was a lot for me to take in all at once.
I then shook my head, as I knew what it was that I had to do. I began to follow in the tracks of Gift and Pike, as we all began to head over to our mother Nifty, all having big smiles on our faces, as we had managed to light up each others day, which was actually a bit of a first for all of us, as it always seemed like fights.
It felt like, over the last few days, even before leaving to our new home, we had started to get a little bit closer to one another. I had already been close to Pike, but it felt like I had got closer to him than ever before. The biggest surprise out of all of it to me, was Gift, as it felt like she had finally decided to open up to us.
She always got in to fights with Pike, and she always seemed to make fun of me, for a lot of the time, the fact that I could barely walk on my own 4 paws, but also the fact that she always seemed to remind me, that I was the weakest out of our kin, and I would always be the most useless.
It was all over, at least, that was the hope now. I hoped that we would get over all of that, and we could be close kin mates with each other, until the end of time, or perhaps, the more likely option, of when we decided what it was that we were going to do with our lives, once we were to get of age.
Nifty had told us, that we were always welcome to live with her, as she always decided that she was going to stick with her parents, after her sisters, and brother had left them, at a young age, so that they could go become kitty pets in their own sort of home, where they would be taken care of by a two leg.
If you did not know our mother, and did not know Nut either, you might also think that they were kitty pets, but that was not the case at all. While they often did sleep in a warm and comfy bed, at a two leg place, that was only for the night. Most of the day, they spent roaming around to two leg place.
It made sense as to why they came back home at night as well, as the stories that I had heard about the two leg place at night, had all seemed to be true as well. I shivered at the thought of there being a dog near us, that would easily mangle apart a kit, like us, as our mother would always remind us of.
Nut and Nifty were not like normal kittypets, as they had not had their claws taken out, nor did they usually eat of the dry food that the two legs were to give you, unless they were very hungry. I shook my head, as I remembered the taste of a mouse, that our mother had caught for us this morning.
I did not blame Nifty and Nut at all, for the fact that they did not want to eat of the food that the two legs were to provide for you. It was nothing compared to the taste of a fresh mouse. I could only imagine me living out in the wild, and catching fresh prey, for me to eat almost every day.
I shook my head though, as I shook off all of those thoughts, at the exact same time as well, as I lifted my head up, to Nifty. Nifty had her head held up high, and she had a smile on her face as well, as she began to speak to us. I listened to what it was that she had to say to us 3, at the same time as well.
"You 3 are much unlike any other kits that I have ever met. You are close to your kin, and it is wonderful for me to see. My kin mates, were nothing like you 2 at all... Once they were of the age to make their decision, they did not hesitate to leave each other, so that they could be raised by two legs." She said to us. As I thought back on the stories that she would tell us of her kin mates.
She said that she only managed to meet one of her old kin mates, after they had given themselves up to the two legs, as she had said she had found her a long ways out. She had said that she was very fat, and she did not have claws at all any more.
She had told me that a lot of kitty pets had their claws taken away by other two legs, and I felt a bit sick of those thoughts as well. She had said that it made cats become lazy, and it made them feel like they did not want to do any thing with their life any more, rather than just set at home, at their two leg den.
I shook off those thoughts, at the same time as well, as I saw that both Gift, and Pike, were looking at each other, and me, for a bit of some time, as they had big smiles on their faces too, as it was clear that they felt pride on them selves, and also pride in each other too.
I blinked a few times, as I smiled back at the both of them. I was still a bit confused by what it was that Nifty had meant by that, at the same time as well. I was worried that the both of them, at some point, might in fact decide that they wanted to have two leg owners.
In the end, as well, I was not sure that I would be spending the rest of my life, with my brother, and my sister by my side either. I still felt like I wanted to at least, first test, what it was like to live out in the wild, and the forest. I also was not sure how we were going to live with one another either.
I looked back at Nifty, as I had a bit of a sad look on my face, which I could tell, confused my mother at the same time as well, as she had her head tilted a bit, interested in what was going on in my head. I let out a bit of a loud sigh, as I decided that I was going to speak to my mother, in the end as well, as I let out my thoughts to her.
"How do we know that we are going to be with one another forever." I said to her. Nifty looked at me for a few moments, as I saw that she had a bit of a sad look on her face. It seemed that I might have triggered some sort of old and sad memory in her head, as the look on her face, was the look that she usually had, when she thought back in to her past.
I felt a but bad for her, as I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, as I tried my best to not think on the fact that at some point, I might have to leave Gift and Pike. I shivered at those thoughts, as I just did my best to shake them off, as I kept my head held high to Nifty, at the same time too.
Nifty seemed to notice it, as I saw a bit of a sad smile pop up on her face, as she lifted her head up, and stared right back at me. She let out a bit of a soft sigh, that I could barely hear, or notice, as she then decided to speak back to me, at the same time too, as I listened to what it was that she had to say.
"Its like I said... In the end, it is your decision."