Chapter 11: I Love You Too

Both my brother, and my sister then began to move back from the cat door, as my brother and my sister walked over to the couch, like they normally would be at, after our mother came back from a normal day of her going out of the home.
Nut seemed to be a bit more calm, now that he saw that we had done that, as he then went over to the food bowl, to act like he was just eating some dry food. I wondered if that might be a bit of a mistake by him however, as I knew that he did not like dry food, and he rarely ever ate it.
Maybe our mother would not care, and she would not think too deep on it, as I knew that he only ate dry food when he had not caught anything while he was hunting in the two leg place. I shook my head, as I figured that it would be best not to worry about it.
I knew that the only thing that might be a bit suspicious right now, was the scared look that I had on my face. I shook my head, as I looked away from Nut, and over to my brother and my sister, who were pretending to be fighting, and messing around on the couch.
It looked completely normal, aside from the fact that they had a bit of a worried look on their face as well, as they knew that we would get in a lot of trouble if she were to find out that we had gone outside. It was all up to me at this point, if we were to get caught.
I did my best to try to relax, and stay as calm as possible, as I looked through the window, as I saw that our mother still had a bit of a confused look on her face, as she was walking across the yard, over to the cat door, which luckily was no longer flapping around, as if we had just gone through it.
I knew it was all my fault if we were to get caught, as I was the one that had sat at the top of the fence for such a long time, as I was too afraid to jump down from it. I knew if we were to get caught as well, than I would never hear the end of it from my sister, Gift.
Normally, it would look suspicious for a normal cat to just be sitting at the top of a table, waiting for their mother to be back home, but it was normal for me, as I always just laid at the table, and stared at the view that was outside of the twoleg home.
My mother did not like seeing me do it either, but she was used to it at this point, as all of the stories about how scary it was out there, suddenly came back to me at the same time, as I closed my eyes, remembering what she had told me, to try and scare me the other day.

I stared through the window, with a bit of a smile on my face, as I could hear the gust of wind, blowing across the glass of the window from outside. It made me feel a bit calm and relaxed, as I thought back on all of the stories that Pintclaw, and Brokenfoot would always tell me about.
How the wind felt, blowing against your face in a meadow out in the wild. I wanted to feel what it was like, to live out there. I wanted to be a part of the clans, and to live off of the land, rather than to eat what a two leg gave to you every morning, like I did right now.
I closed my eyes, as the noise of the wind put a smile on my face, as I thought about what it might feel like, if it were actually on me. How they had told me it was a bit cold, but it was so relaxing, and it was so amazing at the same time as well.
I heard a bit of some noise from behind me, as I thought that it might perhaps be my brother, or maybe even my sister as I knew that she often liked to sneak up on me, and try to scare me. I knew that she meant no harm by it, as though she was a bit of a mean cat, I knew that she had a good soul.
I shook my head, as I looked behind me, to see who it was that was trying to sneak up on me at the exact moment. I noticed that it was my mother, as I saw that she did not have a very happy look on her face either. I sighed a bit, as I looked away from her.
I knew that she was going to give me some harsh words, just based off of the look that was on her face, and frankly I did not want to hear it at the exact moment. I really did not ever want to hear it, as it seemed as though she was a lot more mean to me, than she was to Pike and Gift.
I was not so sure what it was that she had with me. I had never really done anything that was mean to her, or to ever hurt her, so I was not quite sure what it was. I did not want to think about it at the moment though, as I did not want to hear what it was that she had to say to me either.
I was still healing from the loss of Pintclaw and Brokenfoot, and she knew it as well. She had at least let down a little on the words that she said to me. I doubted that she had come here right now, for any nice words at the moment though.
I heard her land on the table that I was on, as I knew that she had jumped up on it to be with me. I let out a bit of a sigh, more to myself, as I knew that she had not heard it, as I then opened my eyes, and I turned my head over to her, as I nodded to her.
She looked at me for a few moments, and then she turned her head away from me at the same time too, as I saw that she now had her eyes on what I had just had my eyes on a few moments ago. She looked through the window with a bit of a sad little smile on her face.
It kind of surprised me, as I knew that it was not just the fact that she tried to scare me about the wild, but I knew that she also had a fear about it herself, which I was a bit confused as to what it might be for, as far as I knew, she had always lived in a two leg place.
Whether that was with owners, or more as a rogue. She had never gone out of the fenced in area, as far as I had been told by Pintclaw and Brokenfoot. I wondered if it was because she was afraid to do so, though I knew that she would not admit to it.
I shook my head, as I looked over at what it was that my mother had her eyes on, at the moment. I then saw a small bird that was standing at the top of the fence, as it was just stabbings its beak into the wood, over and over again.
I looked at it for a bit of some time, as it suddenly seemed as if my eyes had then just zoomed in on the foot of the bird that she was staring at. It was a bit strange to me, but it was not the first time that something such as this had happened to me.
I assumed it was normal, as I looked at the bird for a bit of time, and then I looked down at the foot of the bird for a little while as well too. I then noticed something right away, as I saw that one of its toes was missing, and it walked around with a bit of a wobble.
Such as I did as well, and Brokenfoot did too. I blinked a few times, as I did not think much on it. I then turned my head, and my eyes back to my mother, as I saw that she had a bit of a sad look on her face, at the same instance as well.
I was a bit confused, as I knew that she was thinking about her mother, but as far as I knew, she was never really all that close to her parents, so I was not too sure what that could be about. I shook my head though, as I tried not to think about them.
I had been staring through the window over the last couple of days, not because I was trying to think about them necessarily, but I was more trying to think on the stories that they had told me about, and how amazing it really was like to live in the wild.
After a bit longer though, my mother then turned her head over to me, as I saw a sad look on her face, as it looked as though a tear might be about to drop from her eye to my surprise. I blinked a few times, as she then began to speak to me.
"Limp... I know that it might seem fun out there, and the food might taste very good. It is a scary world though, but if you decide to live out there, it is your decision to make in the end... I am just here to warn you." She said to me. I looked at her for a few moments, as I was a bit in shock as to what she had just said to me.
I knew that it was a scary place to live, but if you had others by your side, I was sure that it made it a lot less scary at the same time too. I was more just shocked as to what it was that she had just said to me, as she had told me that it was my own choice.
I stared down at the paws of my mother for just a few moments, as I still was not sure what to say back to her, as it still did not seem real, to me, that she was okay with me making my own decisions, even though she had told me on several occasions that I was too young to make my own choices.
I suppose that she was talking about the future however, as I thought about it a little bit more. I shook my head though as I tried not to think on all of it at the moment, as I would worry about it when the time was to come.
I looked up at my mother, with a bit of a smile on my face for once, as I then nodded to her. She looked up at me with a bit of a sad smile, as I knew that she still had her thoughts on her parents at the moment. I then began to speak to her however.
"Thank you mom... I love you..." I said to her. She sat there for a few moments, as I was not sure what it was that she had her eyes on at the moment, but it was obviously not on me at all. She did not seem to have very much emotion on her face at the moment.
It was normal for her honestly though, as she did not seem to say what was on her mind all that much, as it always seemed as if she was trying to always look like she was the toughest cat that was in the room. I shook my head a bit sadly however.
I knew that she was in pain, even if she would not admit to it. It put me in a lot of pain, to see my mother like this as well, even if she was never the nicest to me, I still loved her. I looked down at the ground for a bit of time though, as she made no sort of response back to me at all.
As I stood there for a bit of time, I thought about looking back over the window, to see what it was like outside, but I did not even want to see at the moment for some odd reason, as I just kept my head down to the ground, as I felt like I wanted to cry for some odd reason or another.
I did not do so however, as I knew that I needed to stay strong. It was one of the last things that Pintclaw had said to me. I had to hold true to what he had asked of me. I then began to turn my head away at the same time as well, until I saw my mom lift her head up a bit at me.
I then turned my head over to her, as I saw the same sad little smile that was on her face. She nodded to me, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on. She then began speak to me, as it shocked me even more, as the words she said to me, was the first time she had ever done so in my life.
"Limp... I love you too..."