Chapter 33: Say You Love Me #1

I woke up to the sun beating in my face. It's a bad day to wake up, admit it, especially if you have a hangover. But it was the best day I ever woke up with a hangover---even one as bad as I had now. I turned over onto my other side to face Damon, who was already awake and staring at me, it seemed.

"What?" I laughed.

He shook his head. "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes. "You know this doesn't mean we're back together, right?"

Damon frowned. "You just had shameless sex with me and then say we're not back together? That doesn't hurt at all."

I laughed. "Hey, where's your phone?"

"Where's yours? You have your purse, don't you?"

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh again. "Ah, I sorta...threw it...out the window of my car..."

Damon burst out laughing. I loved hearing him laugh like that. "You threw it out the window of your car? Why would you do that? No, no, don't tell me. I already know."

I raised a brow. "Oh you do, do you?"

"Yeah...it's 'cause you're absolutely insane."

I slapped his shoulder. "Well, you didn't think I was insane last night."

"I did think you were insane."

"You're so bad!" I laughed. "No, seriously, where's your phone? I gotta call my dad."

Damon made a face. "Ew, gross, you call your father after all your sexual experiences?"

"You're disgusting. No, I have to let him know I'm alive. He's probably got the cops looking for me."

Damon sighed. "I dunno. It's probably in the bathroom."

I groaned. "But I don't wanna get up."

"Sorry, sweetheart, you want the phone, you're gonna have to go get it."

"Fine...But I'm stealing the sheet!" And before he could say anything, I ripped the black sheet from the bed, quickly wrapped it around my body, and ran for the bathroom. Damon's cell was on the sink. Shit. It was a freaking Blackberry. How do you work those dumb things?

"I'm gonna buy you a sidekick," I said, trying to figure out the dumb thing.

"Why?" Damon called from the bedroom.

"'Cause then I'd know how to use it..."

"A Blackberry's not that much different than a sidekick!"

I stomped back into the bedroom, holding out the phone to him. "It is to me. Here, dial."

Damon shook his head, taking the phone. "What's the number?"

Putting a strand of hair behind my ear, I said, "659-937-6558."

Damon pressed the numbers and handed the phone back to me.

"Thank you," I put the phone to my ear and walked around in the hallway.

The phone was answered immediately. "Hello?"

Oh, God, he sounded panicky. Damon's number never showed up on phones. I should know. "Hey, Dad, it's me, Liz."

There was a sigh. "Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you phone all night, but it says it's been disconnected."

"Yeah, I threw it out the car window," I said hurriedly. "Anyway, listen---"

"Why on earth would you do that?"

"'Cause I'm insane, apparently. Now, would you please---"

"Rachel Elizabeth Ashwern, do not tell me you threw your perfectly fine cell phone out of a moving vehicle because you're insane!"