Chapter 20: Music Guru

Was it really the night of our gig? Oh, how time flies. Like last time, I was really nervous. But, hopefully since I hadn't seen him since Saturday, I wouldn't have any trouble from Damon this time. Abby didn't have the same prayer as me, though.

"You need to look really sexy tonight," Lily said.

I smiled at her and gestured to the menacing pile of clothes and accessories on my bed. "Way ahead of you." I don't know why I felt the need to dress sexy tonight, but I did.

Lily picked up the black mini dress and whistled. "You know someone's gonna try bringing you home tonight, right?"

I smiled, snatching the dress. "They can try."

I had pulled out a pair of knee high black boots---with a killer heel---that Lily had bought me a long time ago, the black mini dress---strapless with a pink bow on the top and two others by the hip---and obnoxious pink lipstick I was fully intent on wearing. As for the hair I just cut yesterday....I was straightening it, putting in the newly cut pink hair extension.

My hair hung just below my chin, and a part on me regretted getting it that short. What could I do now, though?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~~*

Setting up wrecked my nerves, but what was even worse was that Ethan was looking at me. Even Ashley had raised her brows. Okay, little too Playboy bunny there, Liz, I thought grudgingly. Why did Lily let me go out dressed like this? Well, at least I had brought an extra pair of clothes---black skinny jeans, black and pink Aerosmith shirt that said 'Long Live Rock' on the front and Aerosmith on the back, a pink tank top---the shirt was a little too short---and black converse. Haha, yes the all prepared one. When I was going to find time to change, I didn't know.

"You ready?" Ashley was well over her momentary shock of my appearance by now. I wasn't so sure about Ethan....Which made no sense, because Abby was wearing a black and red mini skirt, black pumps with a killer heel, and a corset blouse. Benjamin was more subdued; black pants, black converse, and a T-shirt.

We all nodded. Ashley and I were singing 'What You've Done Now' first.

Ashley made the introduction and Abby started with her short piano intro.

I took a deep breath and prayed my voice wouldn't crack.

"Would you mind if I hurt you?
Understand that I need to
Wish that I had other choices
than to harm the one I love."

Thank God my voice didn't slip! Those are some really high notes!

"What have you done now?!" Ashley sang directly after I stopped.

There was a guitar, drums, and keyboard pause. Well, more than a pause. Then Ashley sang. I would come in on 'on' in the third line of the verse.

"I know I'd better stop trying
You know that there's no denying
I won't show mercy on you know
I know I should stop believing
I know that there's no retrieving
It's over now
What have you done?"

("What have you don now?!" Ashley would sing all of these.

We both sang.

"I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away
(what have you done now?!)
Why? Why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us
Between me and you"

I dropped out to let Ashley sing.

"What have you done? (x4)
What have you done now?
What have you done? (x4)
What have you done now?"

I sang this part louder than Ashley.

"Would you mind if I killed you?
Would you mind if I tried to cause you have
Turned into my worst enemy
You carry hate that I don't feel
It's over now
What have you done?"