Chapter 15: It's A Date

(A/N): Basically Elizabeth falls for Damon's charm (finally). They have an eventful outing. Enjoy!!

I turned around, the hair on my neck rising. "What?"

"What? Seriously, what is all you have to say to me after we almost---"

"Yes," I said, saving myself the embarrassment of having him say what almost happened Monday evening. "Okay, what is all I have to say to you. Now what do you want?"

Damon folded his arms over his chest. "I come to collect."

I rolled my eyes and started walking away---toward the exit. I had no tolerance for socializing in school lately. Today was no different. "Well, collect later. Or better yet never!"

Damon followed me. "Very sassy for someone who hasn't showed her face in days."

"I've been sick," I said through clenched teeth.

"Uh-huh. That's what every woman says after a day in the gym with me. Well, not always the gym but---"

"Hey," I spun around, fists clenched. "Why don't you take your arrogance to some other girl, 'k? You aren't gettin' any from me." With that, I started back to my direction.

Damon chuckled, still following me. "You think too much."

"You don't think enough," I mumbled.

He heard that and laughed. "You have got some cheek. Hey," he grabbed my arm, forcing me to face him. "We'd be a great couple."

I raised a brow. "I thought you were against long-term relationships?"

"Oh," he said with mock disappointment. "Yeah....Forgot. Oh, well, the thought was fun while it lasted."

"You're a dick," I said, trying to turn away.

Damon pulled me back. "Why do you care so much?"

"I don't."

He laughed. "Sure you do."

"I do---"
He waved me off. "Sure, whatever you say. Anyway, moving on."

I glared at him.

Damon gave me a dazzling smirk. "You know, you look really cute when you're mad at me."

"Hasn't anyone ever been mad at you before?"

"Plenty people have been mad at me," he said with a bitter laugh. "I don't think any girl has been mad at me for as long as you have."

"Well, ain't that special."

"Your resistance for my charm won't last that much longer, you know."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"And how do you figure?"

"I always know."

"Oh, so women do resist you?"

"I never said that."

"You implied it," I said.

He sighed, still grinning. "Only you, my dear. Well, and...." he cleared his throat. "But that was barely even called resisting and there was another man involved."

I fluttered my eyelashes like I was infatuated with him. "Isn't there always?"

"Hmm," he smiled crookedly.

"Alright, well....you finished with me?"

"You know when I'll be finished with you."

"You're disgusting."