Chapter 23

Flashback-

"Oh, yeah!" Nicole giggled enthusiastically, turning up the radio. "Na, na, na, na, na. Na, na, na, na, na, na. Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na-na-na!"

I rolled my eyes. Nicky said that was our signature song. She'd sing all the Stefani parts and I'd sing all the Eve parts. "Come together all over the world. From the hood of Japan Harajuku girls. What? It's all love. What? Give it up. What?"

Nicole laughed, taking her eyes off the road. "Shouldn't matter, shouldn't matter, shouldn't, shouldn't matter, shouldn't matter."

"What? Come together all over the world. From the hood of Japan Harajuku girls. What? Give it up. What...." As Nicole pulled into the parking lot of school, I noticed a new, beautiful black Camero with a new, beautiful guy to match. He was older, maybe seventeen. But boy, was he gorgeous! He had blonde hair, cut short, with darker roots, I could see as we got closer, and bright brown eyes. He had a lean body with just enough muscle.

"Whoa," Nicole parked the car, staring at the new guy. "Isn't he...."

"Yeah," I said with a smirk. "And he's totally mine."

Nicole laughed. "Sure he is! I'll bet he doesn't like little girls coming after him!"

I glared at her. "Do I honestly look like a little girl?" But before she could say anymore, I got out of her ridiculous purple convertible and walked over to the new guy. "Hi," I said.

He smiled at me. "Hi."

"I'm Elizabeth Ashwern, the official newbie greeter for this school. Welcome."

"Thanks, um...actually, I think that girl over there's new, too," he said, pointing at this awkward looking girl.

I grimaced. He wasn't really going to call my bluff and make me show her around, right? I thought quickly. "And I'll be sure to greet her just as soon as I show you around."

"Thanks, but I think I can manage." He took a brown book bag and started for the enormous steps of our school.

I looked back at Nicole, who was laughing. "Grab my bag!" I yelled to her before taking off after the new guy. "Hey, wait up!" I almost tripped on the steps, but caught myself. Wow, he was a fast walker. "I don't think you realize how confusing this school is!"

"I can manage," he said again, not waiting for me to catch up with him.

"I'm gonna be in so much trouble with the committee if you don't let me!" I threw out.

He stopped, turning around with a smile. "We can't have that, now, can we?"

I caught up to him, standing on the step below him. He was still tall, even without the extra step. I shook my head, slightly out of breath. "No we can't."

"In that case," he held out his arm. "I'm Andrew Huygens."

I smiled. "Welcome to our dumpy, yet somehow lovely school, Andrew."

Now-

I hate to admit it, but I watched Labyrinth again, just to make sure it was as dumb as Damon thought. It wasn't; still awesome. I felt like ditching school, but I didn't. I got dressed in plain clothes; a black T-shirt with a pair of pink and black Converse, and dark blue jeans.

"You okay?" Lily asked, walking beside me to biology. "You look a little pale...."

"Nah, I'm fine," I lied. I felt like shit and wanted to go home.

Lily and I sat down at a random table. I looked by Mrs. Traver's desk to see a cart beside it. Ah, shit...

"Today we'll be dissecting a fetal pig," Mrs. Travers explained. "Jordan, why don't you start; take a pig and pass the cart on down."