Chapter 13: The Salvatore and Ashwern Scandal

(A/N): Elizabeth starts to realize that she likes Damon a little more than she thought she would. Jk, or am I? Damon and Elizabeth continue their little banter, but then Damon does something unexpected. What will it be? Flashback time, there is a little flashback into Lizzy's past. What will it reveal? Read to find out...

Monday surprised me. A lot of random people came up to me, talking about the gig at the Pandemonium, saying things like, "O.M.G, you totally rocked" or "Will you be staying with F.I.R.E?" and "When's your next gig?" and one, shocking, "We totally want your autograph now for when you get famous!" And I wasn't modest enough to be smug at this.

When everyone had stopped going up to me, I was only a little relieved. It was pretty neat, I've got to say, to have 'fans.' Oh, but then there were the times where I'd spot Damon just staring at me, all knowing like. I've got to tell you, I kind of, sort of, really wanted to take him into the empty gym and get everything over with. Well, maybe I wanted to do it other than just wanting to get over with his blackmailing, not that I would ever tell anyone.

Great, the one girl who was immune to his charm just got struck. I could hear people now, telling their friends, "Tell everyone the only girl who has ever resisted Damon Salvatore has given in! All hope in the world is lost!"

This sucked.

Whatever, I was able to study my biology notes while walking to my class. Mrs. Sanders promised a big test today, one I didn't study for. Lily was talking to me, saying how she would finally pass a test and I wouldn't. Wow, the world really was going to change just by newfound munity to Damon Salvatore. Damn him.

"Liz, watch---"

Lily's warning was a bit late. I collided with someone else, my book and biology papers going everywhere. "Ah, shit," I mumbled. I looked up to apologize when surprise, surprise, it was Damon. I was going to tell him to get the hell out of my way, to tell him to stop following me all the time. But last night's conversation floated back into my mind, with more meaning than I had accepted. I felt like I should zip my hoodie or something.

Damon smirked before bending down to collect my flyway papers. "You sure are clumsy these days."

I wanted to glower at him. Instead I bent down to help with my papers. "Maybe," I moved my head to look at him, but he surprised me by giving my lips a soft kiss. I stared at him and he smirked, handing me my biology papers. I didn't exactly know what to say so, mutely, I took my papers and watched him leave. It was so quiet, I almost thought I was just tuning all the other noises out.

But then I looked up. A small crowd had stopped what they were doing and were staring at me, some giggling whispers into each others' ears. Even Lily was speechless. I was going to kill Damon.

I got up, glaring at everyone to hide my blush, and started to biology proudly. Well, at least as proudly as I could muster, anyway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

After biology, word had gotten to Greta and before I knew it, she and Lily were dragging me to the restroom.

Two girls were fixing their makeup. "Out," Greta ordered.

"You can't tell us what to do," one of them snorted.

"Get out," I said, my voice angry and frustrated.

The one girl had a smug look on her face and I was guessing she was going to say something nasty, but her friend grabbed her arm and muttered, "Let's go." On their way out, I heard the other girl say, "That's Damon Salvatore's girlfriend! We want to be on good terms with her, duh!"

I felt like bashing my head on the wall.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Greta exploded.

"Tell you what?" I asked tiredly, rubbing my forehead.