Chapter 17: No New Moon

(A/N): Damon and Elizabeth go on another date. Elizabeth admits something she thought that she never would before. Elizabeth is continuing to have nightmares about the one person she is scared of the most. Elizabeth does something that she never thought she would.

I was on my laptop, trying to decide what to pick for F.I.R.E's playlist. So far I had 'I Hate Everything About You' 'Are You Ready' by Three Days Grace, and 'I Won't Tell You' by Lacuna Coil. I needed at least three more. It was midnight and deathly quiet. I couldn't sleep. My dad had since gone to bed, after a very long lecture of how I shouldn't be home alone with a boy. A few years too late, Dad.

"Elizabeth."

I spun around. My heart stopped and my blood ran cold. I stared at the half shadowed figure standing before me. I couldn't even speak.

He smirked. "Cat got your tongue?"

I would have glared at him, but I was frozen in place.

He stepped closer. "I really can't blame you. After all," he leaned over me, lips by my ear as he murmured, "I am going to kill you."

I gasped.

"NO!!" I jolted upright. Sweat was pouring down my face and my breathing was laboured. It had been a long time since I'd dreamt about Andrew. Now that he'd called twice, I was even more apprehensive.

"Elizabeth! Time to get ready for school!" my dad shouted.

I sighed, taking a few minutes to regroup myself before I got dressed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

I had already gotten done with my second class and there was still no sign of Damon. Greta said I was paranoid, which I was but not about Damon. I told them about the date, and Lily said something sappy like...."Oh, how romantic!" Well, if hurling on a guy was romantic these days that was pretty pathetic.

"So, are you guys like....boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Lily said innocently.

"No!" I snapped, though the thought sent butterflies in my stomach.

"You should go see New Moon tonight. There's a showing at eight," Lily said. "I heard it's very romantic," she winked.

I rolled my eyes. "I am not going to see a dumb vampire---"

"Werewolf, too," Lily corrected.
"Whatever. I'm not gonna go see that with Damon. He'll think the entire thing is stupid, which it is, but I doubt he's into vampires."

Lily shrugged.

"You like him, though, huh?" Greta whispered.

I tried not to blush. The last time I liked a guy....well, loved, actually....it got me in a world full of hell. Greta and Lily and my dad were the only ones that knew about Andrew and I. My dad knew how long it took me to recover; we had to move because of it. I was surprised he was letting me date Damon at all, or that my friends were encouraging it.

"We're not gonna boss you around," Greta said, reading my mind. "You dated who you wanted, and you haven't even looked at a guy since...."

I nodded, wanting to leave it at that. "Yeah....I'm being careful." Actually, I wasn't at all careful last night, I shouldn't have drunk anything. Shit happens, but I wouldn't make that mistake again.

Greta and Lily nodded. "We know." Lily grinned. "Speaking of Salvatore...."

I turned around and saw Damon smirking at me from across the hall, leaning against the lockers. I smiled back, rolling my eyes.

"I'll be right back," I mumbled. Lily giggled and I ignored her and walked over to Damon. "Hi."

He stood up straight. "Hey."