Chapter 34: Never Live It Down

I managed to squirm out of the Damon situation with my dad. I went to the movies with Damon and we saw Wolfman. I love saying Bernicio Del Toro's name, seriously, I was muttering it every time I saw him---which was during the entire movie. Damon was laughing at me the entire time, making fun of the way I ate my popcorn; I ate it one piece at a time, holding the piece between my fore and middle fingers. Doesn't everyone do that?

Apparently not so, according to my hundred and something year old vampire boyfriend. I pretended to ignore him throughout the rest of the movie. However, as I've stated a hundred times, Damon has a presence that can't be ignored.

"This sucks," Damon informed me, his nose wrinkled up in disgust.

I was hanging out at his house and brought my laptop. I made him listen to the 30H13 and Alex Gaskarth version of 'Careless Whisper.' "Aw, c'mon. It's catchy after a while."

Damon shook his head. "I didn't even like it when George Michael sang it. You might know him. He's the one who actually wrote the song."

I rolled my eyes. "I know who George Michael is. But you haven't heard the Seether version."

"Uh-huh. I've heard my fair share of Careless Whisper, thank you."

"Ah, c'mon, sit down and listen to it," I demanded and clicked on the song. Damon's eyebrow raised slightly at the killer electric guitar intro. I smiled triumphantly.

"Okay, so maybe you know a few good songs," he admitted.

"A few? I'm the Music Guru, baby!"

"Oh, yeah? Just 'cause you know some okay songs and can sing?"

I nodded. "Yup."

Damon snorted. "That doesn't mean anything. I can sing, too."

I raised a brow. "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah," he made a face as he sang. "Why do you build me up? Buttercup. Baby, just to let me down. And mess me around. And the worst of all---oh. C'mon, Liz," he scolded as I burst out laughing. He pulled at my wrist, making me sit up from kicking my legs on the floor. "C'mon, now, you gotta sing the backup."

"Why do I have to sing backup?" I whined. "I'm the lead singer, 'member?"

Damon shook his head. "Not now you're not. 'K, ready?" I nodded and he started over. "Why do you build me up?"

"Build me up!" I sang obnoxiously.

"Buttercup, baby, just to let me down."

"Let me down!"

"And mess me around. And then worst of all."

"Worst of all!"

"You never call, baby, when you say you will."

I burst out laughing, unable to stop. He wasn't really trying to sing, he was meaning to sound horrible and high pitched. And boy did he ever!

"Aw, c'mon, you never let me finish!" Damon whined.

"Ok, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." I burst into another fit of giggles, collapsing onto my back once again.

Damon pretended to sniff. "I'm hurt, you know that?"

"Aw, c'mere, baby," I pulled at his arm.

"I'm not stooping to your level."

"C'mere," I said, pulling him down on top of me. I ruffled his hair. "You poor, poor, no talent screw up..."

Damon growled playfully, pinning my arms down. "Can't you come up with your own lines?"

"What do you mean?" I gasped, acting offended.