Chapter 1

Derek parked the car and hurried over to the passenger side to open the door for his beautiful date. He smiled down as Meredith carefully stepped out. It still took his breath away at how stunning she was. That night she had chose tight dark jeans and a silk maroon top that accentuated her curves provocatively. Derek grabbed her small hand in his as they slowly walked up the few stairs to her front porch.

"I had a great time tonight Derek. Thank you for dinner." Meredith stopped and turned towards him at her door, leaning in for a kiss.

Derek mumbled something unintelligible as his lips met hers hungrily. He didn't stop when she tried to pull away, instead tightening his hold he had around her waist.

Meredith giggled and kissed him back, finally opening her mouth slightly to allow his determined tongue entrance.

The kiss deepened as Derek backed Meredith up against the solid brick wall, pressing his needy body against her soft one. He moved his lips down her neck to the spot he knew she couldn't resist. Her hands gripped the back of his navy blue sweater and Derek could feel her breathing quicken and her heart beat rapidly in her chest.

"Derek...we're .... taking things... slow....remember?" Meredith was barely able to utter between gasps.

"I can move slower if you'd like." Derek answered seductively, moving his hands to the bottom of her sweater, teasing the bare skin of her stomach with his warm finger tips.

Meredith didn't make any attempt to stop him or move away. "I meant slower than that...." Her voice trailed away as his mouth found hers again, her tongue obliging with his in a rhythmic dance of passion.

"Um, excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but Hanna said she won't go to bed until either her mommy or daddy tucks her in, and she seems to be very determined. She's been sitting at the top of the stairs for over an hour now waiting for you to get back. Sorry."

Both Derek and Meredith had been so caught up in each other, neither one had heard the front door open and hadn't been aware of their audience until Izzie had spoke.

Meredith blushed and Derek sighed as Izzie stood with her arms folded across her chest, an amused look on her face.

"Okay, I'm sorry Izzie, I'll go tuck her in." Meredith pushed Derek off of her and quickly entered the house, Derek and Izzie right behind her.

"Hold on Mer, let me." Derek grabbed one of Meredith's arms and stopped her as she turned to head up the stairs.

"Daddy!" Hanna came bounding down the stairs full speed, her dark curls bouncing softly around her face. Her yellow My Little Ponies jammies covering her tiny body.

Derek swept her up in his arms and planted a big wet kiss on one of her cheeks. Hanna giggled full of energy, as Derek tossed her in the air a few times before bringing her to rest in his arms on his side. "You see? She wants me to tuck her in, right Hanna?"

Hanna clapped her hands excitedly and bounced in Derek's arms. Meredith could only roll her eyes. "Be my guest Derek. Now that you've got her all riled up, I don't think I could get her to sleep if I wanted to."

Derek laughed and placed Hanna on the ground. "Tell you what Princess. Why don't you go on up and pick out a story and I'll be there in a minute." Hanna nodded delighted, and ran up the long stair case as fast as her short legs would carry her.

"Well I see my work here is done. I'm off to bed, I have to go in early tomorrow." Izzie smiled and followed Hanna quickly up the stairs.

"Thanks for babysitting Iz, I'm sorry she wouldn't go to bed for you." Meredith called up after her dear friend, but Izzie just smiled and waved it off. Hanna was too cute for anyone to be angry with.