Chapter 29

Meredith opened her eyes with new determination. She wasn't giving up. She wouldn't give this son of a bitch the satisfaction. She suddenly stood, causing the approaching man to stop with surprised eyes. He quickly recovered and gave her a suspicious look.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Meredith eyed her distance to the door and then the distance to the item that had caught her eye on the shelf. She took a slow step to her right as his large hand reached to grab her arm.

Meredith was too fast and the man got a fist full of light blue scrubs instead. He yanked with startling strength, ripping the thin material down the middle.

He looked down surprised at the material in his hands and then back up at his prey, who now stood tense in front of him, red bra and creamy skin clearly visible. In that moment, his expression changed from amused suspicion to something dark and chilling, full of lust.

Meredith's heart began to pound fast as she moved again, this time his hand reached up and grabbed a fistful of hair. She called out in pain as her body jerked back involuntarily. She felt a sick hand grip bruisingly around her arm, as the other still tangled in her hair. He moved his body swiftly behind her and pulled her close, feeling his putrid hot breath on her bare neck.

"I've over came women a lot larger than you Meri. Stop resisting and I'll show you how a real man pleases his woman."

He let go of her hair and she felt his hand move to her waist. Meredith steadied her breathing as she felt his clammy skin move across her bare stomach to the waist band of her scrub pants under her navel. She swallowed the vile that rose in her throat as she put all her strength in a forceful elbow to his stomach.

Once again the man was taken off guard and his tight grip released from her arm as he gasped for breath. Meredith made an attempt to escape again and this time got across the room to the open cabinet before he was on top of her. She swung and clawed and writhed and kicked as he desperately tried to gain control of the surprisingly strong woman.

The frantic assaulter was so busy trying to restrain Meredith, he didn't notice when she reached towards a shelf and retrieved her target.

As the struggle continued, Chris O'Dandridge became frustrated and his movements became more violent and rough. He grasped at her clothes and yanked at her hair, trying to force her mouth close to his.

Meredith held on desperately to her strength and the belief that she could make it through. She wasn't going to give up. She owed Derek that much, she'd fight with every ounce of her being until her last breath was taken.

She felt her body growing tired and shook at the realization that he was only growing stronger. Her scalp started burning at the other end of the patch he had seized tightly in his hand and she could smell his breath as it hung heavy over her face. He moved his lips close to hers and she turned her face just in time and sunk her teeth into a smooth patch of skin on his cheek. She forced her teeth together hard until she tasted the warm blood and heard him call out in pain, shoving her to the floor roughly.

Pain seared through her tail bone, but she wasn't deterred. She franticly fidgeted with the stolen item behind her back as the irate man hovered over her, a hand held to his injured cheek.

"Bad move bitch." He hissed as he lunged at his victim. He over powered her with his heavy body and pinned her against the hard floor. "Now I'm really going to give you what you deserve."

________

The men fanned out down in the targeted area of the basement. They opened doors and frantically searched closets. The forgotten rooms of the hospital had to be somewhere. They were close, and not one of them would give up until they found it.