𝟏𝟕. 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

❝Toxic relationships are bad for your health; they will literally kill you❞

FORKS, WASHINGTON - CULLEN HOUSE, ANNAS ROOM

Her bones shook with anger. How could he do this to her again?! showing up outside her room as if nothing had happened, she wanted to scream and yell and claw his fucking face off. It had been one thing when it was just her, but this time it was about more, it was about the Cullens, the people she had come to consider family.

He knew about the threat against them, he had been in Seattle for days, most likely to observe the disappearances and murders, yet he had done nothing to help, nothing to stop it.

Anna wasn't naive, she knew that he knew, and she was now fully determined to bring justice to the promise she gave herself. She was going to give him hell.

"Anna?" Caius asked looking down at the girl in front of him who had just opened her bedroom door, but she didn't answer. She just stared him down with her arms crossed, and then she started laughing. Manically, in a way that scared - no terrified - him, Caius Volturi, brother of Aro Volturi. A man who was never frightened by anything, but he was now, because he didn't understand, this girl in front of him now was far from the girl who had told him just weeks prior that she would like for him to stay.

Her eyes held a hatred he could have never imagined seeing in the girl.

Just as quickly as she had started, she stopped laughing again "why are you here?" she deadpanned with a face set in stone, "because-" "actually I don't want to hear it." she interrupted him, it was very unlike her but Caius seemed to have an ability to awaken Annas darkest sides, an impulsive and loathsome side, that she had never let out before.

It expressed itself more significantly as Anna slowly grew a bit more confident, she was not afraid of interrupting him, she was not afraid of stating her mind - after all the worst that could happen was him not liking her - and she didn't much care for just exactly his opinion, not anymore, not after the decision he had made to let her family be endangered.

"Just let me explain-" "explain what huh? what could you possibly say?! Don't think of me as just another naive, unknowing and insignificant human girl, I know. I know what's happening in Seattle and I know it's not a coincidence that you and you coven haven't done a thing about it" she sneered almost making Caius flinch at the aggressiveness of her tone.

The two stared at each other for a while, the anger that Anna felt slowly fading being replaced by an obvious feeling of hopelessness, "what did I ever do to you? why are you treating me like this?" she crocked, her voice breaking at the end as tears welled up in her eyes.

Anna was used to feeling self-hatred, sadness and hopelessness and yet still the emotions felt completely foreign when they were triggered by Caius and his odd behavior. The man was supposed to be her soulmate for gods sake, and yet his actions were so cold, even if his words held an unknown wonder when they spoke, it contradicted everything he did, and Anna was confused, frustrated and on the verge of giving up. On him. On them, if there had ever been a 'them' to begin with.

"You didn't do anything amore, I just" "what you just what" "I'm in love with you. And I don't know what to do about that"

Anna was flabbergasted, she felt paralyzed, numb, as if mere seconds ago her tiny body held all the emotions in the world, and now just like a snap with the fingers they were gone, just gone. She didn't know what to say, so she just stared at him. How could he tell her he didn't want her, then show up after she died and claim he cared, only to disappear again and then come back and stand in front of her saying he loved her, how?

"No" she shook her head, "Anna-" "No. How can you say that. You don't even know me for gods sake! You didn't want me remember? you let me leave, and then you left" she sighed, she was exhausted, this whole thing was giving her a headache. 

"Do you not think I know that? I can not help how I feel, I am simply trying to be honest with you" he exclaimed with a displeased expression, that made Anna kind of scared that she might've pushed him too far this time, he was after all a vampire and there was no way in hell that what he was saying could be true, Anna wasn't a person you loved, she was a burden, a disease, she had been getting better but she still cringed to her old beliefs like a life line. She didn't know who she was if she wasn't a burden. She didn't know who she should be if she were to socialize freely again, so she just caved and told Saoirse what she wanted to know, of course Saoirse saw right through Anna and constantly made the girl magically open up more and more, but it was still so damn hard.

"Then why?" she asked hopelessly, "You are my mate Anna when are you going to get that into your head, I will always love you!" he snapped losing his patience with the girl and all of her questions which he could not answer, "Well do not love me!" she cried out, tears streaming down her face as she choked down a sob, she hated when people snapped at her, it made her feel so unimportant and lesser compared to others. 

"You don't think I wish that I didn't, you killed yourself for fucks sake" he screamed ruching a hole through the wall.

Just then all the Cullens and Bella Swan came rushing up the stairs, Carlisle ever the diabolical man, slowly ushered Caius away from Anna but before he made it down the first step of stairs Anna turned to him "this isn't love, and I feel sorry for you if you've made to believe that it is" the said sadly, truly feeling sorry for him, she couldn't imagine the kind of live he must've lived if he believed this to be love. With that said she turned and walked into her room, that now had a fist sized hole right besides her door.