lvii.

C H A N E L

I stared at the ceiling.

My fingers are twiddling with one another.

There was a knock on my door. I ignored it. The person continued to knock. I let out a cry of distress.

The person who knocked opened the door soon after. I covered my face with my bedsheets. Go away, person! I wanted to tell.

I looked at who it was.

"What do you want?" I sparked at the person.

His hands raised in surrender.

"I come bearing ice cream," he mumbled—a jug of Cookies 'N' Cream ice cream in his hands.

I immediately jumped up from the bed.

"Toby," I warned. "You didn't."

I couldn't help but let out a smile.

"But I did," he grinned.

He held out two spoons. I took one from his hands and snatched the container from his arms. He held tighter to the tub of ice cream, not letting me have a hold of it.

"What do you say?" Tobias tutted. His eyes are teasing me.

I gave him a harsh glare.

"Thank you," I choked out.

He seemed satisfied. He let go. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip. I bit it. I quickly opened the container. I dug my spoon into the creamy frozen dessert.

I ate the bite.

"I love you," I said. I swallowed the ice cream, which tasted like heaven in my mouth.

"Now hurry over. Let's watch a movie or something," Tobias suggested.

I moved over to the bed, leaving space for Tobias. I patted the space. He sat down.

He took a spoonful in his mouth.

"I can't believe how far we have gotten since the beginning," he exclaimed, mouth full of food.

I nodded my head.

"I missed my graduation," I mumbled.

I felt saddened by the thought. I wasted my whole senior year getting kidnapped, and for what? It didn't benefit my life at all except cause me unnecessary fear and pain.

"That sucks," Tobias whined. "I didn't even graduate."

"Why is everyone out to get me?" I asked Tobias.

My voice was empty. I felt tired of watching my back, only for it not to work out for me in the end.

"I have this terrible fear that men are evil people, and I can't stop my mind from racing every time I go near one."

"After everything you've been through, I couldn't blame you. You're like a real-life wonder woman," he told me.

"Stop," I mustered out. I was nowhere near being anything like a superhero.

"You're tough."

I hummed in response. The movie started on the screen.

"Okay, shut up, now the movie is starting," Tobias hushed me.

"I wasn't talking," I defend. "What movie are we even watching?"

"Shhh," Tobias exclaimed. He placed a finger on his lips. His lips are puckering up.