xxviii.

G I O V A N N I

His brother was always one who he didn't get along with. His brother was always the enemy in his eyes.

Ever since they were little they had been competing. Every time Vincenzo would win. The one time he got what he wanted, Vincenzo wasn't happy about. He threw a fit.

That one time was when his father chose Giovanni as a leader instead of his older brother.

Giovanni finally felt power, he finally felt wanted.

He was always trying hard to get his fathers attention since Vincenzo always got the spotlight, everything was always about him.

Giovanni never got any attention.

So, when he saw Vincenzo he felt this hate and dislike towards him. He felt anger towards him.

He had always been jealous of his older brother. So, he would always try and be better than him. Father would always get mad at Vincenzo since he was always so kind. Giovanni knew what he had to be. He had to be the opposite. He had to be mean.

His father liked that of him. His father would acknowledge him when he acted that way. He continued to do so.

That's why his father made him the leader of the gang.

He was always more heartless.

He was in his office, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," he said.

The door opened, revealing Tobias. "What do you want?" Giovanni asked roughly.

"Are you okay, Boss?" He asked.

"I'm fine," he answered. His face was still hurt from the fight with his brother. "You can leave, now."

Tobias brought bandaids for him and left them on his desk. He then exited the room and closed the door.

Giovanni let out a huff and opened the bandaids. He cleaned the cuts and covered them. He couldn't believe he let his brother mess up his face.

His brother mentioned him kidnapping Chanel. She probably told him, since she couldn't keep her mouth shut.

Giovanni dreaded coming to Italy for this reason. His brother stayed here while Giovanni was in America selling drugs.

He was so tough and mean and doesn't like to take guff.

He couldn't stand his brother, everything he did annoyed him. He even got along with Chanel, Giovanni could never do that since the beginning.

He always got whatever he wanted while Giovanni was left to fend for himself.

V I N C E N Z O

He hated that Giovanni kidnapped a girl. He feared he would turn out just like his father. A ruthless leader. He grew up with his father always breathing down his neck. He would always do what he said while Giovanni was always the one who disobeyed. Up until it was training for the gang, then Giovanni would be better than him.

Vincenzo always had a soft spot for people, he was always too caring. It risked him as a leader for a gang that murdered and killed people.

Vincenzo found Chanel intriguing when he first saw her. He was immediately reminded of someone he loved when he was younger. Someone who was special to him.

He felt brought to her. Her luminous smile and the way her eyes crinkle when she laughs.

How her hair fell perfectly over her shoulders. Her soft jawline and slender neck. She was gorgeous.

Anyone could see, everyone could except for her.