xiii.

C H A N E L

"Please, at least let me eat a chicken finger before I die," I said.

The alarm came to a stop and Giovanni took the burnt chicken fingers out of the oven.

"I told you to watch them," Giovanni gnarled.

"Well I just heard horrible news," I spat. "And now you're gong to kill me."

I was too young to die. I still had a life ahead of me.

He looked at me. He was angry I almost burnt down his kitchen. That was not a good sign for me.

He came towards me. "I'm sure we can figure this out without killing anyone," I said. I tried to persuade him to not kill me.

"The one who is going to be killed is you," he said.

"Derrick are you hearing this?" I asked. "I can't believe you're going to let your favourite sister die."

"You're my only sister," Derrick said.

"You don't care either that I am going to die?" I asked. My lips were pouted and my eyes glass over with I shed tears. I couldn't believe these were my family.

"No, I care which is why I'll pay the debt on behalf of our father," he said.

I let out a breath in relief. "Thank you!"

"Only . . ."

"Of course, there's a catch, there's always a catch with you," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You have to sleep in another room. I know I told you I'll share with you, but I'm kind of in a relationship," he said. His eyes held sorrow and pity.

"Well, where will I sleep then?" I asked.

"With me, princess," Giovanni smirked.

I looked at him. He just threatened to kill me. I looked at Derrick. I had to make sure they weren't playing a joke on me. I was not going to stay with Giovanni in the same room.

Especially with what happened last night. No way.

"I'll just sleep on the couch," I spat. "I'm definitely not going in your room again. I'm not even going to step foot in it."

"You are so stubborn," he said.

I ignored him.

"You're lucky you're brother is paying for you. In fact, I think it might be fair if you would pay for the debt," Giovanni said.

I blocked my ears, so I couldn't hear his annoying voice. I hummed as well so he can get a hint.

"Don't you think, Derrick?" Giovanni asked my brother.

"That should be fair," Derrick agreed.

"Wait, so you just turn on your sister just like that? What happened to loyalty?" I asked. I felt so abandoned.

"I knew you could hear me," Giovanni said. He looked bored.

"No, what I heard was utter betrayal. I can't believe you, Derrick," I told him. He would go against his sister.

"You probably won't know how to work since you haven't worked for anything in your life," Giovanni snarled.

"That's not true, Derrick tell him that's not true," I whined.

"It's pretty true, Chanel," Derrick said.

"I can't believe this, w-why are you taking his side after everything he put me through?" I wailed.