xxxix.

C H A N E L

I was walking around Italy, alone. I've decided I needed to take a break from staying inside the house all day.

Nobody decided to come with me, so now I was strolling the streets of Italy by myself.

It was nighttime and the sky was a velvet blue black. That was beautiful and lucid. There weren't many clouds in the sky and the stars were sparkling.

It was a warm night.

I was walking down a dark alley way and the last time I had done that I witnessed a shooting and got kidnapped.

My heart started to pick up. I took another wrong turn, I was prone to that.

I could hear my fathers scolding voice in the back of my head, saying I have disappointed him again.

It started to rain and the sky was dark blue, reflecting off the stone buildings on either side of the alleyway. The dim street lamps were fading away as I furthered entered the street. Chills ran down my spine.

I was officially lost.

At least this time I didn't witness a murder.

Giovanni kissed me. I thought he hated me, why all of a sudden would he kiss me? It didn't make sense to me. He didn't make sense to me, because right after he became an asshole again.

What did the kiss even mean?

I was probably reading way to into it. Why would I think he would like me? Thats what he does. He makes girls feel special just to get them in his bed.

It wouldn't work for me. I wasn't going to just lay down and let him treat me like this. I won't be one of his playthings. I'm going to out win him in his own game.

He won't even see me coming.

The kiss felt different than the kiss with Vincenzo. It was more passionate. It had the sparks that were missing from Vincenzo's.

Maybe, he was the one. It was in front of me the whole time. How could that be?

It still irritated me how he could just kiss me out of the blue. I was trying to make a point. It wasn't even that special, so why did it feel as if it was.

I ignored the knot in my stomach as I thought of what could possibly happen after. He could act like nothing happened. He could go kiss another girl, but that's his choice. I shouldn't care what he did. But I did.

I didn't want him to like anyone else. I didn't want him to touch anyone else. I wanted him.

But, I wasn't going to let him know that.

I wasn't going to be easy. I won't let him treat me like his hit and runs. I wanted respect. I deserved it after everything I've been through.

I felt the warm breeze flow my loose curled hair over my shoulders and I was starting to get worried.

I still didn't know where I was and this alleyway seemed to be going on forever.

There were garbage cans and sketchy Italians smoking on a work break at a restaurant. I could smell the delicious food and my stomach started to growl.

I was hungry.

"Bel culetto," I heard a slurred voice cat call. I heard him whistle after and I immediately turned around to see a man smoking a blunt. He looked high. His eyes were red and his breath smelt horrid. (Nice butt.)

My face twisted in disgust. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I could only imagine it was something gross by the way he said it.