xxxiii.

C H A N E L

Destroy me?

His words sent a ball of nerves down my throat. I tried to understand why he was acting this way to me. I wonder what had happened to him that made him act so bitter towards everything.

What had he gone through that turned him into this person?

It doesn't give him an excuse to act that way towards anybody. He shouldn't be that rude and cruel to anyone he talked to. So, why was he?

I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to talk to him, but every time I tried too, I couldn't seem to stay away.

I always found myself at the beginning.

I had been through a lot these past months and Giovanni hadn't changed a bit. I understand he was a gang leader and that's how he was supposed to act, but couldn't he be nicer outside of his job.

I wished I didn't let him get to me, but I do. His opinions of me matter to me and I knew I shouldn't let them, but I always found myself thinking about his words.

He said them so powerful and harshly. I sometimes was convinced he doesn't have a heart beating in his chest. He was insensitive, it seemed almost inhuman.

I went to my room and took a shower. I decided I needed a warm shower to calm myself down. I entered my room and found myself staring in the mirror.

My cheeks were hallow and my eyes were puffy. They were red from all the crying and were starting to seriously my face.

I would usually be at spas and treating myself, so none of this would happen, but currently I couldn't do anything.

I was trapped within these walls. I couldn't even go out of the house without anyone. We're in a different country, where do they expect me to go.

I tested the water to the right temperature and hopped in the shower. The warm water trickled on my back and I felt all the chlorine get out of my skin. My pores opened up again and I soaked into the steaming water.

I washed my hair and my body. I cringed at where Giovanni had touched me. At least he stopped. At lease he didn't do what that guy had done.

I finished my shower and got out of the tub. I wrapped the clean fluffy towel around my petite body and got out of my bathroom.

I walked into my room and sat on my bed. If you would have asked me a couple months ago that any of the things happening to me now, would happen, I wouldn't have believed you. This all seemed impossible to me.

It was crazy how I just wanted ice cream and that led to this. I missed my old life, but I had grown up so much since then.

I even had one of the best parties, everyone noticed me. Everyone cared that it was my birthday, expect Giovanni he was being, well himself.

I got dressed and walked out of my room only to be pulled back by my forearm. I yelped in surprise, I felt a hand cover my hand. I heard a gun shot downstairs.

I gasped, but it came muffled by the hand. I looked up to see Grae. I haven't ran into him in a while, I was surprised to see him here.

He had a normal glare as he stared down at me with his icy eyes. I gulped, he looked intimidating in this lighting. I tried to get his hand off my over my mouth, but he just snapped his eyes to mine and I instantly stopped struggling.

My heart was racing. What was happening?

He slowly let go of my mouth and I was about to scream, when he brought his finger to his mouth, signalling me to stop talking.