xxiv.

C H A N E L

We boarded the plane and I still didn't know the plan that the gang had made.

I had my own plan to get my father, but I didn't think any of it through. I made that when I was in a bad place. It wouldn't have worked.

The plane took off and I gripped onto the seat. I have never been anywhere before, but New York. I gulped down my ball of nerves and tried to focus on something else.

"Are you okay?" I heard a soft voice from beside me. There was a guy sat beside me and he had a British accent, which made all my worries about the plane disappear.

He's British.

He had chestnut brown hair and a sharp jaw. He was attractive. He had blue eyes that looked at me with concern.

"Yes," I got out. My throat was dry and my knuckles were turning white from gripping onto the seat so tightly.

"Are you sure? You look a little pale," he pointed out.

"Gee, thanks for that," I told him, sarcastically.

He smiled. "You're cool, I like you," he said.

"Well, nobody really asked, did they," I mumbled under my breath.

He looked at me, confused. "What?"

"Nothing, just let me focus on the plane," I muttered, weakly. The plane shook and I jumped a little in shock. I didn't know planes could do that.

He continued to stare at me with that annoying smile on his face. "You're scared?" He asked.

I ignored him, he was obviously making fun of me.

"There's nothing to be scared of really, this is the safest way to travel," he said.

I rolled my eyes. I knew that already, I was just in a car crash, knowing my luck I would get into a plane crash as well.

I was too frustrated to flirt with this England boy, too focused on trying to survive this long flight.

"Why are you going to Italy?" British boy asked.

I turned to look at him. Is he serious? I'm freaking out here, why would he think I would be able to hold a normal conversation?

"Wouldn't you like to know," I retorted.

"You are sassy, aren't you? Let me guess, you think you're better than everyone else because you're rich," he spoke, casually. It was like guessing people lives came naturally to him.

"How did you know that?" I asked. I was starting to get creeped out by this guy.

"Your shoes and clothes. They're all from expensive brands," he spoke.

I calmed down. "I guess, that was a good guess, but I don't think I'm better than people," I scoffed.

"Of course," he agreed.

I needed to prove him wrong. I didn't think I was better than people.

"Why are you going to Italy?" I asked the same question to him.

"To visit my family, turns out there lots of cousins I didn't know about," he chuckled. It was low and husky.

"That's nice," I smiled. "I'm going for a . . ." I paused. I definitely couldn't tell him I was going to get revenge on my father, who murdered my mother.

That would scare him away, for sure.

"Vacation," I lied. "I needed a break from my family," I explained further.