xlii.

C H A N E L

Vincenzo stopped the car and opened my door, he roughly grabbed me.

"Ow! Get your lying hands off of me," I commanded. He didn't seem to listen. He just roughly dragged me around like I was a rag doll.

He dragged me towards a mansion.

Was this my fathers?

It was large and luxurious, I had never saw my fathers other houses before. This was better than our one back in America. All the houses were better here than there.

I started to shake as Vincenzo dragged her to the door. I was nervous to see my father after all this time. He had murdered Mama and I haven't seen him in a while.

I didn't want him to kill Giovanni. Although he kidnapped me. He also brought me into a new family. A family who cared for me as much as I did for them.

I liked my life. I wouldn't change it.

Giovanni was passed out in the car as Vincenzo brought me in the house. I was met with a dark room with no lights on.

I saw a man in the corner of the foyer. The lights turned on and it revealed my father.

"I brought her to you just like you asked, signore," Vincenzo said. He seemed jittery. He looked afraid of my father. (sir)

"Where's the boy?" My father asked, roughly.

Vincenzo went to the car to retrieve Giovanni.

I stared at my father in disgust. I was ashamed to call him my father.

"Long time, no see, sweetheart." He came towards me. He untied my hands and moved my hair from my face.

"I hate you," I spat. My voice was bitter and dark. I truly hated him for what he had done to the family. He had ruined many people's lives.

I didn't even know any of this was going down.

His eyes darkened and he lifted his hand and smacked it straight across my face. My head whipped in that direction. My eyes held tears. That was the first time he had ever lifted his hand on me.

"You've always had a bad attitude," he told me. "Now, with your mother out of the picture. I can do whatever I want to you."

"How could you kill her?" I asked. "How could you do such a thing?"

"She knew too much, sweetheart. She had a big mouth, she would easily spill all my hard work. I could see where you got it from," he said.

Vincenzo came in with a knocked out Giovanni. Giovanni's head was bleeding from when he hit him over the head with the ranch. What if it was something serious?

A gun shot rang through the dark house and a scream escaped my lips. Vincenzo suddenly fell to the floor, he dropped Giovanni and I rushed towards him.

The sudden noise sent Giovanni awake. He opened his eyes and glared at me. "Chanel?" He asked.

I shushed him, quietly. He shut his mouth and continued to lay on the ground.

I looked at my father, who had the gun in his hand. He placed it back in his pants and muttered, "I didn't like him anyway."

I just witnessed my father kill someone. He did it like it was no problem, just like Giovanni did that night in the alleyway.

"Now, I think it's time we catch up, don't you my think, sweetheart?" My father asked.

I stood up from Giovanni and followed my father into the mysterious house.